CHALLENGED BY VEGETARIANS: Court allows consideration of new dietary guidelines
- USDA, HHS Release 2010 Dietary Guidelines. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Mar2011, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the release of the 2010 Dietary Guidelines of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) which are designed to help Americans confront obesity epidemic and make healthier food choices.
- WHAT AND HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU EAT OR DRINK--AND WHEN? // Health & Stress;2003, Issue 3, p1
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture's Food Guide Pyramid is not agreement with the 2000 USDA Dietary Guidelines advocating 'moderate total fat intake.' Beliefs regarding the health effects of dietary fat; Disagreement over what constitutes optimal diet; Need to change the...
- Uncle Sam gets REAL. Russell, Anne M. // Shape;Apr2005, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p26
Reports that the U.S. departments of Agriculture, and Health and Human Services has released dietary guidelines for Americans in January 2005.
- Britain lags behind US on healthy whole grains. // British Baker;2/11/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p8
The article examines the policy of Great Britain regarding the dietary recommendation of whole grain consumption, which the author remarks is far behind than that of the U.S.
- New dietary guidelines released in the US. // Journal on Active Aging;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the release of the 2010 dietary guidelines to offer evidence-based nutritional guidance to promote health in the U.S.
- Government Targets Obesity, Poor Food And Exercise Habits With New Diet Guidelines. // Jet;06/19/2000, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the national dietary guidelines unveiled by United States President Bill Clinton that target public health issues including obesity, poor nutrition, and physical inactivity.
- The K Street diet is bad for America. Wootan, Margo G. // Hill;6/28/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 94, p18
The article reports on the K Street Diet, an Agricultural appropriations bill that was approved by the U.S. House of Representatives for implementation in 2012 targeted to make reforms on the American meal standards.
- Medical Foods Fill A Niche. Challener, Cynthia // Chemical Market Reporter;05/29/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 22, pFR10
Deals with the market status of medical foods in the United States. Information on medical foods; Regulations governing the food product; Critical factors to be considered on the concept of medical foods.
- Future diets to cut more than pounds. Chan, Nick // Green Futures;Jan2010, Issue 75, p15
The article reports on the move of the National Food Administration in Sweden in issuing dietary guidelines that consider both the nutritional benefit of particular foods, and their environmental impact.