OTHER FACTORS INFLUENCE DIET: Fast-food is not the culprit, districts say
- Lunchroom lessons of life and health. Heffern, Rich // National Catholic Reporter;7/18/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p20
Focuses on the improvement of food service at Central Alternative High School in Appleton, Wisconsin. Result of the food program of Natural Ovens; Alteration of student behavior; Preparation of nutritious foods.
- SALES INCREASE 20%-30%: Florida schools renovate with space, ocean themes. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the sales increase at two high schools in Brevard City, Florida School District following cafeteria renovations. Popularity of the renovated cafeterias; Thematic design; Estimated number of students served.
- $1.25 Each, Breakfast and Lunch: Tampa schools intro coffee. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the introduction of cappuccino and coffee coolers at high schools in the Hillsborough City School District in Tampa, Florida in fall 1999. Purchase and preparation of the coffee products by the schools; Cost of the coffee drinks; Nutritional value of the coffee drinks; Popular drinks...
- N.Y. students test culinary, management skills at ProStart contest. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/19/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p80
The article reports on winners at the third annual ProStart Competition in Buffalo, New York. The competition featured students from high schools who demonstrated their food-service skills. The team from Capital Region Career and Technical Center in Scolarie, New York and chef Nancy Iannacone...
- Culinary Culture. // FoodService Director;11/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p18
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being compelled by his interest in food to choose to attend a high school with a culinary focus, which eventually led to his career in the foodservice industry.
- AT NY HIGH SCHOOL: Ortega Bar debut cost set at $400. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p5
Highlights the opening of Ortega Taco Bar at Copiague Senior High School in New York, New York. Number of customers who were attracted by the food outlet; Costs of installation and construction of the food outlet; Food choices at Taco Bar.
- ANOTHER WAY OUT: Mich. high school feeds kids on Sat. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the Another Way Out, a Saturday feeding program of the Benton Harbor High School in Michigan. Foods being served during breakfast and lunch.
- And Who Spends Revenues: Florida schools address vending machine rules. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on the issue of whether vending machines will be available to high school students all day in Florida. Effects of the vending machines on food service operators of the schools; Proceeds of revenues from the vending machines.
- CAMPUS CLOSES, TORRENT UNLEASHED: Torrance schools build local alliances to handle meal volume. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p34
Reports that Torrance Unified School District in California has been dealing with local food establishments to handle the increased meal volume which resulted from an administration decision to prohibit school students from leaving campus as of April 15, 2002. Factors considered by the school...