AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: CALIFORNIA SCHOOL FOOD PROGRAMS UNDER ATTACK
- Feds chew fat on U.S. diet as NRA wary of 'obesity tax' Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;03/26/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the possible effect of a study of obesity by the United States Surgeon General on the foodservice industry. Creation of an action plan to improve the American diet; Possible introduction of 'fat taxes' on specific foods; View of the National Restaurant Association on the issue.
- Previous Editions of Codes Recommended by The United States Public Health Service for Regulating Operations Providing Food Directly to the Consumer. // FDA Food Code 2005;2005, piii
The article presents a list of food codes from the year 1934 to 2003, issued by the U.S. Public Health Service to regulate the food services which provide food directly to the consumers.
- HRSA's long range plan for meeting the health care needs of the underserved. Harmon, R.G. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p1
Editorial. Introduces the Jan/Feb 91 issue which contains a special section on the Health Resources and Services Administration's `New Strategies for Assuring Care to Medically Indigent and Underserved Populations.' Actions that will have major implications for the US health care system and...
- HRSA's role in primary care and public health in the 1990s. Harmon, R.G.; Carlson, R.H. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p6
Explains the role of the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) in detail and discusses its ramifications for the nations health care in the current decade. Principal responsibility of the HRSA; Responding to the clinical needs of pregnant women, children and people infected with...
- CDC, FDA set up new vaccine reporting system. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p104
Announces that a new Public Health Service Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) became operational November 1, 1990. Administered by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA); Toll free number.
- Deaths among members of the Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, 1965-1989. Lange, W. Robert; Frankenfield, Diane L. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p160
Examines the epidemiology of deaths among active duty personnel among the US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. The five major causes of death; Function of the US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps; Comparison of the death rate of this group with that of the general population; More.
- NCHS received award. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p234
Announces that the National Death Index (NDI) was awarded the first Dow Chemical Company Epidemiology Supplier Award. The National Center for Health Statistics as the first recipient of the award; Establishing employee registries for research purposes; More.
- NCHS plans data users conference. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p234
Announces information on the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) Data Users Conference. Number of NCHS public use data files that are available on tape, CD-ROM and diskette; More.
- PHS funds four new health centers, 10 satellite clinics for underserved. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p239
Reveals that the Public Health Service (PHS) is providing 14 awards totaling more than $4 million to establish four new community health centers and 10 satellite clinics of existing centers. The Community Medical Foundation, Rock Hill, S.C.; Eden Park, Baton Rouge, La.; Selection criteria for...