IN HOSPITAL CAFETERIA: MEAL DISCOUNTS FOR SENIORS
- Speakers present programs to Senior Circle members. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/11/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p4
The article highlights a special gathering hosted by the Hill Regional Hospital and attended by Senior Circle members at Central Baptist Church in Hillsboro, Texas.
- Senior Advantage program expanded. // Las Vegas Business Press;4/29/96, Vol. 13 Issue 30, Health Scene p3
Focuses on the Valley Hospital Medical Center's Senior Advanced Program in Las Vegas. Expansion of services and benefits to its members under the direction of Program Coordinator Marti Stefanowicz; Eligibility; Services and benefits offered to members.
- A randomized controlled trial of a high support hospital discharge team for elderly people. Martin, F.; Oyewole, A. // Age & Ageing;May94, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p228
Examines the Home Treatment Team (HTT) and its ability to provide practical help and promote independence of patients at home for up to six weeks after hospital discharge. HTT patients readmitted; Number of days spent in the hospital by the HTT group; Number of days that the HTT group spent at...
- Meals and More Feeds Indiana Seniors. // FoodService Director;8/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p22
The article offers information on the Meals and More program created by the foodservice department of Hendricks Regional Health Danville hospital in Indiana which provides nutritious meals to seniors.
- Discharge of frail older people from acute hospitals across Europe. Bendz, M.; Castledine, G.; Söderback, I.; Carvalho, G.; Sapountzi-Krepia, D. // British Journal of Nursing;1/24/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p111
Focuses on the growth number of elderly patients in acute hospitals in Europe. Influence to the early discharge of patients; Identification of health care systems for older people; Administration of a pilot study assessing the problems in a multicentered, interprofessional research project...
- Harlem walks it out. // New York Amsterdam News;8/5/2010, Vol. 100 Issue 32, p9
The article reports on the move of Harlem Hospital Medical Center to held the free Walk It Out! Family Walk and Run event in Riverbank State Park, New York City, as the formal introduction of its Walk It Out! program.
- discharging responsibilities. // Nursing Older People;Apr2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Investigates the problems related to the delayed hospital discharges of older people in Great Britain. Indication of the number of older people experiencing delayed discharges by the official monitoring processes; Estimation of the loss incurred by the National Health Services; Key reasons...
- Acute Needs. Bednar, Joseph // BusinessWest;3/29/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p53
The article reports on the initiative of the Wing Memorial Hospital in Palmer, Massachusetts to offer the service of the Center for Geriatric Psychiatry (CGP) to the older people with behavioral-health needs. Doctor Ricardo Mujica, the director of the center, mentions that they take...
- Gray matters How to profit from an aging marketplace. Marshall, Anthony // Hotel & Motel Management;3/15/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 5, p8
This article tackles the issue on how to profit from an aging marketplace in the U.S. It notes that most of the aging individuals have the health, time, money and inclination to travel. And if hoteliers want to capture this gray market, they better do much more than offer discount coupons...
- A place of safety. Ludman, Andrew; Ludman, Sian // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/16/2006, Vol. 333 Issue 7581, p1260
The author reflects on the experience he and his wife, both of them medical professionals, had when they tried to help an elderly neighbor who was confused but not hurt or sick, without calling upon an ambulance. They sought other options because of their own frustration over elderly people...