AVERAGES 125 DAILY: Univ.-Missouri adds to home-meal menu
- Less Tray Dining. // Food Management;Dec2010, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the use of smaller-than-normal trays at the University of Missouri-Columbia to reduce food waste.
- Mizzou renovates Dobbs Hall. // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the University of Missouri-Columbia's renovation of its Dobbs Dining Hall into a marketplace-type servery, to be called Dobbs Pavilion. Rotating Mexican and Asian stations; Cooked-to-order pasta bar.
- Mizzou completes Dobbs Pavilion renovation. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/09/98, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the opening of the Dobbs Pavilion dining hall at the University of Missouri in Columbia after renovation was completed.
- Smaller Trays Provide Alternative to Trayless. // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p31
The article reports on the smaller food trays used by cafeterias at the University of Missouri as a way to reduce food waste. The university decided to implement the use of small food trays because students are not in favor of trayless eating. But Julaine Kiehn, director of campus dining...
- Bistro Stays on Schedule. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p4
This article reports on the opening of Wheatstone Bistro at the University of Missouri in Columbia despite a number of setbacks. The biggest problem was the closure of the company scheduled to deliver the casework. This also meant that a knee wall that was to be finished with the casework was...
- Keep Ambiance in Mind. // FoodService Director;6/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p61
The article presents the views of Andrew Lough, marketing manager at the University of Missouri in Columbia, on the importance of maintaining the location's ambiance while using point of sale (POS) marketing strategy in promoting products. Lough describes a variety of POS marketing strategies...
- Food for Thought. Klein, Alana // University Business;Jul2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p59
Deals with the food service business at various universities and colleges in the U.S. Efforts of the Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah to make its food service operations competitive; Amount generated by the University of Georgia in 2003 from its food service business; Approach of the...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...