AT MID-SIZE CONTRACTORS: LACKMANN, CRAFT MOVING UP
- People in the News. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May2001, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p16
Reports the election, selection and promotion of employees in the contracting industry of the United States as of May 2001. Election of Bill Jones as chairman of the Construction Contractors' Alliance; Selection of Buddy Parks as representative of the Plumbing, Heating, Colling Contractors;...
- Supply LINE. // Automotive News;11/19/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5958, p22B
Reports global developments in the automobile industry as of November 2001. Closure of wire harness supplier EKO plant in Velenje, Slovenia; Election of Alan Dawes as chairman of the Original Equipment Suppliers Association; Accounts on the outsourcing of Direct Sourcing Solutions Inc. by...
- web comment. // Recruiter;10/19/2011, p12
Several blog posts are presented in response to articles such as "Massive amount of hiring to come from social referrals, says Boorman," in the October 4, 2011 issue, "British Army in final stages of awarding outsourcing contract," in the October 11, 2011 issue, and "Slow progress on getting...
- Dont fear the sweeper. Mahoney, Kevin // People Management;9/2/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p31
Discusses the role of investment in people in the success of the contract services industry in Great Britain. Benefit of retaining good staff; Information on the use of multi-skilling among employees; Factors that should be offered in order to attract high-quality staff with a professional...
- Contract corner. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/6/96, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p18
Presents a quotable quote from Lackmann Food Service Inc. President Tom Lackmann on retaining employees.
- Trust Vital Projects To A Reliable Project-Management Team. Matthews, Curtis // Business Journal (Central New York);6/18/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p12
Asserts that the choice of who sits in the project manager's chair can have a greater impact on a construction project than any decision the owner makes. Causes of construction-project problems; Controls the project owner should implement; In-house development or outsourcing of the...
- Making The Right Call. Compton, Jason // CRM Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p38
Discusses issues concerning call center outsourcing strategies. Discussion on the customer relationship management tools implemented by call center outsourcing firms; Challenges faced by outsourcers with regards to staffing; Comment of several business executives concerning outsourcing.
- Finding the right vendor. Hoggard, John // Engineered Systems;Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p38
Offers advice too facility managers on how to find the right vendor or supplier to streamline duties related to energy cost-control and a myriad of new options. Credibility; Hiring an independent energy consultant; `One-stop shopping' approach.
- Hire Now and Avoid the Next Labor Shortage. // Orange County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 24, pA-35
Reports on the hiring of employees in Orange County, California as of June 17, 2002. Facts on unemployment in California; Job count in Orange County; Benefits of outsourcing.