THOUGH NO MAJOR CHANGES: Revised diet guidelines focus on fat moderation
- How's Your Diet--No, Really? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Sep2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p1
Presents the results of a study conducted by researchers from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to investigate the dietary habits of U.S. citizens.
- ...And serving size. // Consumer Reports on Health;Sep93, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p99
Presents the United States Department of Agriculture's Food Guide Pyramid designed to illustrate each food group's relative contribution to a healthy varied diet. Number of daily servings one should get from each food group.
- enwisioning a new balanced meal. Lair, Cynthia // Mothering;Sep/Oct2008, Issue 150, p78
The article focuses on the recommendations made by the U.S. Department of Agriculture regarding the proper diet, suggesting the need to eat enough fruits and vegetables.
- Fix the plate. // Current Health Kids;Nov2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the guidelines of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to promote a healthy diet.
- USDA Launches New Food Guide. // SN: Supermarket News;6/6/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 23, p28
The article reports on the new graphic unveiled by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) which will replace its Food Pyramid graphic, and will offer a quick visual representation of a healthy diet.
- Food Pyramid finally makes food choices clearer. // Aging;1994, Issue 366, p10
Reports that one of the leading causes of death is diet. Eating habits; United States' Department of Agriculture's `Food Guide Pyramid'; Comment from Mimi Iacone, a nutritionist for the Baltimore County Department of Aging in Maryland.
- Steps to a Better You. // Junior Scholastic;9/5/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p4
Reports that the U.S. Department of Agriculture has recently come out with a range of new food pyramids--dietary guidelines entitled "Steps to a Healthier You."
- USDA's SuperTracker diet and physical activity planner now allows users to set personal calorie targets. // Farm Industry News Exclusive Insight;9/26/2012, p1
The article features the SuperTracker diet and physical activity planner from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Climbing the Pyramid to Better Health. Hanbicki, Dug // Officer;Nov2003, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p25
Presents the released Food Guide Pyramid of the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture and Dept. of Health and Human Services. Categories of the foundation of daily diet; Specifications of suggested servings; Choice of protein sources; Emphasis on the importance of creating healthy eating plan.