IN COLORADO SPRINGS SCHOOLS: Afternoon snack option causes no labor worries
- NRI Home Turns Study Haven. // India -- West;3/11/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 16, pA44
The article offers information on the shelter, healthy nutritious meals and a teacher provided by U.S.-resident Amrut Patel to students of Sarvajanik Vidyalaya from poor families at Memnagar in India.
- More free school meal provision. // Community Practitioner;Nov2008, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the plan of Scottish government to its expand the free school meal provision in England. It indicates that primary school pupils aged one to three years will be receiving more free school meals. Moreover, it indicates that three local authorities in deprived areas in...
- Food variety, quality affect some students' school lunch decisions. Tucker, Charlotte // Nation's Health;Jan2012, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p14
The article offers information about the result of a study which shows that the free and reduced-price school lunch programs have poor quality that affects the participation of high school students.
- Participation in School-Breakfast Program Jumps 8.9 Percent. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;10/28/1992, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the increase in number of U.S. schools participating in the federal school-breakfast program in the 1991-1992 fiscal year. The schools' participation increased to 8.9 percent, the biggest in 13 years. The increase was due to the slow economy and efforts signed-up by...
- San Diego USD Pilots Halal Lunch. DeChellis, Joanna // Food Management;Aug2015, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses the increase in students participation in the Halal Lunch that Crawford High School, a part of the San Diego Unified School District in California offered for its students in last three months of school year 2014-2015. It reveals that the lunch featured a halal chili lime...
- Weekly PQs -Scotland. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;7/25/2005, Issue 227, p61
The article reports on written parliamentary questions on education from the Scottish Parliament. Careers Scotland has partnership agreements with each secondary school and college in Scotland to provide career information, advice and guidance to all young people on education, training and...
- 100,000 vulnerable students deprived of free meals. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;6/15/2012, Issue 60, p2
The article offers information on the House of Commons and the Association of Colleges (AoC) which raised concerns over several college students who miss out on free lunches. It informs that current system of funding free school meals is described as unfair and unjustifiable by the AoC. It...
- The Meal PLAN. Williams, Lauren // University Business;Sep2013, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p42
The article focuses on the school meal plan in the U.S. to keep enrollment and recruitment high. Food service consultant David Porter opines that the way meals are available on the campus plays a crucial role for school dining program. It suggests steps including operating on students time,...
- By the Numbers. // Learning Matters;7/14/2014, p3
Statistics are given regarding the education system in Minnesota as of July 19, 2014 including schools with Farm to School programs, poor first-grade students qualifying for free or reduced-price lunch, and students who will be refused healthy school lunch.