Wok & Roll sushi drive-thru chain is rockin' in Colorado
- Scrambling for business. Tasoulas, Mary Ann // Restaurant Business;05/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p85
Presents the menus offered by various fastfood chains in the quickservice breakfast service segment. New breakfast item of Dunkin' Donuts called Omwich; Winchell Donut House's World prototype in California; Winchell's dual-brand concept with Blimpie; Bagels from New Wold Coffee & Bagel's...
- Rise and shine: QSR operators wake up to burgeoning breakfast opportunities. Strauss // Nation's Restaurant News;11/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p103
Reports on the strategies of quick serve restaurants to gain revenues from breakfast customers in the United States. Competition with coffee operators for the breakfast market; Monitor of consumer behavior for the evaluation of marketing trends; Availability of opportunities for repeat customers.
- Fast casual, new category combines speed and quality. // Westchester County Business Journal;04/30/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p16
Presents a study on fast casual diners by King-Casey Inc. in the United States. Ignorance on the meaning of restaurant category; Reasons of eating at a fast casual restaurant; Factors influencing the choice of fast casual restaurants.
- Second-tier sub-sandwich outfits bite into nontraditional venues. Hamstra, Mark // Nation's Restaurant News;04/14/97, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p59
Reports on the growing number of submarine-sandwich chains entering the quick-service segment's battle for nontraditional turf in the United States. Addition of new products and supplementary brands to breathe life into their traditionally weak breakfast and dinner dayparts; Competition from...
- Church's and Pollo Tropical to add restaurants. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;7/25/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p53
Reports that fast food chains Church's Fried Chicken and Pollo Tropical will together add 15 stores in Puerto Rico by the end of 2003. Outline of the firms' expansion plans; Target markets.
- Chicago Fast Feeders Brave Cold, Rivals to Grow Brands. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;05/10/99, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p84
Describes how local fast-food operators compete with industry giants in the Chicago, Illinois. Factors that stifle opportunities for rapid growth; Difficulty in building brand awareness; Improvement of recruiting efforts to attract high-quality people: Publicity strategies; Scarcity of prime...
- Two McDonald's, One Roof. // Restaurant Hospitality;May2001, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p28
Presents information on the McDonald's restaurant in Kokomo, Indiana, with the Diner Inside concept of food service. Dining option offered for customers; Types of foods served; System of payment and tipping.
- Just Desserts. // Food Management;Aug2001, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p96
Comments on issues and developments relevant to the food service industry. Failure of fast-food restaurants to develop healthy food offerings that are successful in the market; Speculations linking the death of Austrian music composer Wolfgang Mozart to trichinosis contracted from eating pork...
- Duo bring taste of India to London. // Design Week;1/30/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p3
Describes the retail design and identity created by consultancies Richard Chadwick Associates and Purple Penguin for Tiffinbites, an Indian fast-food brand that opened in London, England. Modern British Asian approach; Expansion plans.