Trends of Public Knowledge and Attitudes Related to HIV/AIDS in Indiana
- CE/CME questions. // AIDS Alert;May2008, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p59
A quiz about AIDS prevention and public health programs is presented.
- HEALTH: FRIENDS IN THE ENEMY CAMP. Fain, Nathan // Advocate;2/21/84, Issue 388, p19
Explores health agencies' efforts to combat AIDS in the U.S. AIDS research; AIDS in gay men and intravenous drug users; Causes of AIDS.
- COMMUNITY MEDICINE CONFERENCE. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/4/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6589, p65
Reports on several debates and selection of motions during the annual conference of community medicine and health in Great Britain. Role of community physicians in health service, care and prevention of disease; Strategy in preventing the infection with AIDS and HIV; Reaction in the proposal to...
- Debate Over Bathhouses Jars S.F. O'Laughlin, Ray // Advocate;5/1/84, Issue 393, p8
Discusses issues related to the debate over whether to close the gay bathhouses in San Francisco, California as a way to prevent the spread of AIDS, as of May 1984. Plan of gay activist Larry Littlejohn to put before city voters a ballot proposition that would prohibit sexual activity in gay...
- Noteworthy. // Advocate;1/7/86, Issue 437, p23
Presents health- and AIDS-related news items in the U.S. for the month of January 1986. Margaret Heckler's appointment of Donald Ian Macdonald as acting assistant secretary for health; Creation of Nashville CARES to provide education about AIDS; Library of the San Diego AIDS Project.
- International law, human rights and HIV/AIDS. Patterson, David; London, Leslie // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2002, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p964
Discusses the significance of international human rights law in preventing HIV or AIDS epidemic at national and international levels. Efforts of national associations in promoting human rights; Responsibilities of government in protection of rights; Limitations of human rights law.
- A Model for Fighting AIDS. Cristol, Hope // Futurist;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p11
Discusses the efforts of several governments to fight against AIDS. Way Brazil's government took the AIDS threat; Reason that governments in AIDS-plagued Cambodia, Thailand, Nigeria, China and India are conflicted about how to handle the disease; Prevention strategy announced by the U.S.
- AIDS experts ponder shifting money to other health issues. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/24/2008, Issue 1048, p20
The article reports that most acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) officials conclude that the solution to prevent the disease is to boost the budget for all of public health in the U.S.
- PHS Names National AIDS Coordinator. Walter, Dave // Advocate;2/4/86, Issue 439, p20
Reports that the Public Health Service has established the position of AIDS coordinator to oversee the government's activities aimed at the prevention and control of AIDS in the U.S. Duties and responsibilities of the AIDS coordinator; Implications on AIDS prevention.