The check really is in the mail
- Claims handling centralized. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;1/29/96, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p6
Reports that consolidation of Medicare claims processing at regional centers in the United States is planned under Medicare's standardized claims processing system. Other functions to be performed by intermediaries; Benefits of the program; Date of implementation; Hearings held by congressional...
- HCFA pulls plug on new Medicare claims system. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;09/22/97, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p26
Presents information on the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) which took steps to modernize its Medicare claims processing system. Termination of contracts in August by HCFA; Information on the Medicare Transaction System (MTS); Circumstances surrounding the termination of the project.
- As heat rises, Medicare could fry. Gatty, Bob // Ophthalmology Times;2/6/95, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on Medicare reimbursements in the United States. Need to raise money to finance tax cuts within the next five years; Pressure to achieve a balanced budget amendment; Remarks on the growth of Medicare and Medicaid programs; Effect of the approach of entitlement reform recommendations;...
- Filing untimely claims. // Medical Economics;3/5/2010, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p49
The article provides an answer to a question on the filing of untimely Medicare or Medicaid claims in the U.S.
- Claims system cuts state backlog, processing days. Juneau, Francine // Health Management Technology;Jul98, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p44
Presents information use of the RIMS system by the State of Louisiana State Employees Group Benefits Program in responding to its customer inquiry problem. Components of the system; Description of the RIMS system; Benefits of the system.
- Prepare for Medicare electronic data interchange program. Steinberger, David // Ophthalmology Times;01/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p17
Gives advise to ophthalmologists with regard to the standardization of Medicare claims via electronic filing. Deadline set by Medicare in the acceptance of National Standard Formats and older versions of the American National Standards Institute for electronic claims submission; Advantages of...
- QuinkLink: The next step in electronic claims. D'Angelo, Thomas R. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;3/6/95, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p14B
Features the electronic data interchange service called Quicklink Statewide Health Network. Blue Cross and Blue Shields' receipt of claims; Forwarding such claims to Medicaid and Medicare; Cost containment benefits of electronic data interchange; Electronic claims submission archives.
- Initial claim accuracy crucial for SSA programs. Thrailkill, Patti // Hospital Case Management;Aug2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p126
The article reports on the importance of initial claim accuracy for Supplementary Security Income (SSA) programs in the United States. MedAssist director of government affairs Patti Thrailkill explains the significance of initial claim accuracy for SSA programs. She emphasizes the need for...
- CMS to Start Denying Claims That Don't Meet Ordering/Referring Edits 'Soon'. // Health Information Compliance Alert;Sep2012, Vol. 12 Issue 9, pp71
The article reports on the news release from the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) which indicates the formalization of its longstanding threat to deny claims to meet ordering/referring provider edits.