- HISTORICAL REVISION. Bulla, Tracy // Furniture/Today;10/2/2006 Supplement, Vol. 31, p34
The article presents a comparison of restored house furniture including products from Highland House Furnishers, Barclay Butera Home, and Amy Howard Collection and offers information on the designs and materials used in these products.
- After 30 years, Ontario store closing doors. // Furniture/Today;2/12/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p38
The article reports the closure of Daphne Mitchell's of several furniture retailing shops including Highland House and Durham, running for the last 30 years in Ontario. Daniel Lynch Sales was the official liquidator of the US$ 2 million business, expects to get about US$ 1.7 million in the deal...
- People On The Move. // Furniture/Today;5/9/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p20
The article presents news related to the furniture industry and trade. Brion Forman has joined retailer Robb & Stucky as senior buyer for leather upholstery, a new post. New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg honored 1-800-Mattress founder and CEO Napoleon Barragan as an Outstanding Individual...
- Linking customer service orientation to competitive performance: Does the marketing concept... Wright, Newell D.; Pearce, James W.; Busbin, James W. // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Fall97, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p23
Examines the association of customer service orientation to competitive performance. Decision-making philosophy in business enterprises; Operation of the philosophy as a marketing concept; Comparison of manufacturing firms by level of customer service orientation.
- Attract new customers to grow retail business. // Automotive Marketing;Jul93, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p18
Suggests attraction of new customers as a major way of increasing sales. Consumer Behavior Study conducted for the National Retail Federation by Mimi Lieber of LAR Management Consultants; Specialty stores; Prices; Organizing store into logical groupings of products; Merchandising strategies;...
- Customer incentives. // Automotive News;7/24/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5615, p30
Presents chart on customer incentives programs in the United States as of July 24, 1995. New programs; Continuing programs.
- A customer's perception of value. Chonko, Lawrence B. // Baylor Business Review;Spring1993, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p26
Discusses the importance of customer service in business. Quality and customer focus; Contribution of personnel to value.
- Customer financing offers growth opportunities. Fleming, Michael J. // Business Credit;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p14
Analyses the growth of customer financing programs in the United States. Advantages of having a customer financing program implemented into your business; Definition of a customer financing program; Information on how customer financing programs can be used to complete agreements; Strategies...
- Businesses continue to offer 800 numbers as the ultimate service to customers. Ness, I. // Black Enterprise;Jan1990, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p39
Discusses the advantages to both small and large businesses of a toll-free access number. Bargain prices available due to increased competition between major telephone carriers; Various features available with an 800 line.