Precaution is the best policy
- India: GIC Re declares US$455 million profit for 2014-15. // Asia Insurance Review;Jul2015, p22
The article provides the declarations made by the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re) for earning profit before tax of US$455 milion during the year 2014-2015.
- The scrubber is down. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;2/1/97, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p12
Explains the policy on business income insurance regarding the suspension of business operation caused by direct physical loss to property at the covered premises of a company in the United States. Possibility of invoking the exclusion of loss caused by the enforcement of any law regulating the...
- Police action and business interruption. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;05/16/98, Vol. 109 Issue 20, p12
Deals with business interruption insurance. Requirements for business coverage; Losses from an accident in a small suburban town.
- Putting service firms back into business. Nelson, Kristin L. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Sep94, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p82
Features business interruption claims for the service sector that provides expertise as opposed to products. Includes law firms; Accounting and architectural firms; Medical providers; Dialogue on the nature of business; Calculation of lost income due to business interruption.
- Understanding Business Interruption Insurance. Schirick, Ed // Camping Magazine;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p18
Emphasizes the need to consider different scenarios and to work with an insurance representatives to become more familiar with the insurance offered to help cope with a business interruption situation involved in a camp.
- Managing business interruption. Gebbardt, Klaus A. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Aug98, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p87
Encourages insurance companies to refine the valuation process for business interruptions to improve claims process and develop better customer relations. Customers' expectations from insurance companies; Causes of dispute over business interruption claims; Key to preventing disputes over the...
- Ready for service interruptions? Torres, Giselle // Caribbean Business;7/2/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p34
Offers information on business interruption insurance. What business interruption insurance deals with; How one can collect under business interruption insurance; Comments from Edgardo Van Rhyn, claims manager at Federal Insurance Company; Details on off-premises-utility insurance.
- Split-second headaches. Coffin, Bill // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Jan1997, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p92
Focuses on the Internet-related business interruption exposures that results to huge losses for the insurance industry. Internet service provider's vulnerability to the financial impact of business interruption; America Online Inc.'s system failure due to software malfunctions and human error;...
- To Russia with love. // Accountancy;Aug1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1248, p30
Reports on the creation of the Bodily Business Interruption Cover to cover the loss of revenue to a professional firm. Reports that Chubb Insurance Co. of Europe and insurance broker AOB have created Bodily Business Interruption Cover.