- CGT splits the industry. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;06/15/2001, p48
Reports on the introduction of capital gains tax in South Africa. Effects of the tax on wrap fund investors; Declaration of capital gains tax on wrap funds.
- Taxed on house and home. Harrison, Peter // Finance Week;2/17/2003, p35
Discusses the capital gains tax on the profit from the disposal of a primary residence when the residence is in one country and the owner lives in another. Problems arising when an individual has a home in the country where he/she usually lives and buys another in the country where he/she is...
- LAW. // Accountancy;Apr98, Vol. 121 Issue 1256, p88
Reports that for capital gains tax purposes, any shares sold and repurchased with a 30-day period in Great Britain will be matched so that the gain or loss which would otherwise have arisen will not be realized, effective March 17, 1999.
- Taxation. // Albania Country Review;2011, p113
The article provides an overview of the taxation of Albania in 2011, with details on capital gains and corporate taxes .
- You can cash in on CGT. Lotz, Minky // Finance Week;06/09/2000, p42
Focuses on the potential benefits of the introduction of capital gains tax on investors in South Africa. Distinction between legal and natural persons in the calculation of tax payables; Taxation of capital gains of local investors; Taxation of foreign unit trust fund investments.
- Capital gains, capital pains. Williams, Bob // Finance Week;12/08/2000, p47
Discusses the impact of the capital gains tax (CGT) on taxpayers in South Africa. Concrete case on the effects of the CGT; Liabilities created by the CGT for individual taxpayers; Additional costs created by CGT for taxpayers.
- Two Years abroad: the Tax advantages. Scutter, A.K. // Accountancy;May70, Vol. 81 Issue 921, p352
Examines the tax advantages for British individuals who are going abroad. Earnings from employment; Investment income arising in the country; Capital gains tax.
- Capital gains tax. // Finance Week;03/03/2000, p36
Discusses the various implications of the capital gains tax (CGT) in South Africa. Liability for the tax; Assets that are subject to CGT; Exempted assets; Losses and rebate; Calculation of the tax.
- Taxation. // Greece Country Review;2010, p86
The article offers information on the taxation status in Greece for 2010, specifically in its corporate and capital gains tax, indirect tax, and individual tax.
- Taxation. // Lesotho Country Review;2009, p55
The article offers information on the investment taxation in Lesotho, which includes corporate income, capital gains, and branch tax.