MILITARY COLLABORATION WITH THE BORDER PATROL IN THE U.S.-MEXICO BORDER REGION: INTER-ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONS AND HUMAN RIGHTS IMPLICATIONS
- THE 'ROTATING FISHBOWL' Bean, B.W.; Brynildsen, R. Douglas // Training & Development Journal;Sep69, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p52
Discusses the fishbowl technique for solving interdepartmental problems. How the fishbowl worked; Suggestions for improving the technique.
- Dispatches. // World (0888157X);7/26/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p4
The article presents a photograph of demonstrators gathered outside a U.S. Border Patrol station in Murrieta, California on July 4, 2014.
- Todd Heisler's Border Vision. // BAGnewsNotes;4/15/2014, p1
A photographic image is presented of the Rio Grande river, Texas along with comments on U.S. Border Patrol's monitoring of for illegal crossings across the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Every agent's a drug agent. Gibney Jr., F. // Newsweek;5/1/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 18, p27
Talks about the US Border Patrol, whose traditional job is to enforce immigration law, but is now involved in police work to interdict drugs or investigate the groups that smuggle them. Other agencies now involved; Changes in work and roles.
- El Patriot. Herrick, Thaddeus // Texas Monthly;Feb94, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p62
Profiles Silvestre Reyes, sector chief of the Border Patrol at El Paso, Texas. Apprehension of illegal aliens with Operation Blockade; Protest by Mexican government; Criticism on his Hispanic heritage; Family background and career history; Attitude towards Mexico.
- Friends of Friendship Park Present Design Celebrating International Goodwill Group offers an alternative to Border Patrol Plan. Dunbar, Vivian Marlene // La Prensa San Diego;2/18/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the two different plans for the renovation of Friendship Park, located on the boundary of the U.S. and Mexico, designed by Friendship Park Friends in celebrating International Goodwill, with the help of the U.S. Border Patrol.
- GAO: Border plan missing Key measures. // Hill;1/14/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the key elements of the strategic plan of the U.S. Border Patrol to secure the border with mexico are missing.
- Crossing the border. Wooster, Martin Morse // American Enterprise;May/Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p97
Summarizes the article `Does the Threat of Border Apprehension Deter Undocumented U.S. Immigration?' by Thomas J. Espenshade in the December 1994 issue of `Population and Development Review'. Effectiveness of increased Border Patrol manpower in deterring illegal immigrants; Lack of resources to...
- Operation Blockade. Thomas, Irene Middleman // Hispanic;Jan/Feb1994, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the United States (US) Border Patrol's Operation Hold the Line, a strategy to control the twenty-mile stretch of the Rio Grande between Mexico and the US. Launched as Operation Blockade in September 1993; Success of the strategy; Initial loss of commerce from Mexicans; Communities'...