How Do I Connect With an Audience?
- Stay Cool When Things Get Hot: How to Present and Communicate Your Ideas More Effectively. Woolf, Dr. Reesa // Business Credit;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p18
Presents tips on public speaking. Keeping up one's confidence while giving presentations; Better persuading others to see one's point of view; Making public speaking an enjoyable and rewarding experience; Organization of one's thoughts; Importance of looking confident; Answering questions as a...
- Get right to the point. Adubato, Steve // Business News New Jersey;03/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p17
Offers professionals advice on public communication. Problem that most academics have when presenting information; Importance of constantly reinforcing the presentation's primary message.
- Communication tools learned on the campaign trail. Adubato, Steve // Business News New Jersey;02/08/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the elements of an effective communication. Universal topics of conversation; Importance of nonverbal communication; Use of examples and anecdotes to support a message; Communication as a two-way experience.
- Talking points. Martin, Steve // New Yorker;05/17/99, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p45
No abstract available.
- What are you talking about? Browning, Guy // People Management;4/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p118
Offers tips on public speaking. Selection of topics for discussion; Duration of a presentation; Significance of visual aids in public speaking.
- Straightforward Communication Processes in EHS. Birkner, MBA, CIH, CSP, Lawrence R.; McIntyre-Birkner, Ruth // Occupational Hazards;Mar2001, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p59
Discusses how environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals can improve their oral communication skills. Guidelines for expressing technical information without losing the audience; Making references to real-life experiences; Joining a local Toastmasters Club.
- Trim Time From Your Next Speech. // American Speaker;Mar2011, p6
The article offers pieces of advice in public speaking.
- Three uncommon techniques to make yourself a more memorable speaker. // Sales Insider;12/16/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 126, p4
The article offers uncommon techniques to improve public speaking skills.
- Speaker, Know Thy Audience. Franco, John J. // Training & Development Journal;Jun85, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p20
Presents guidelines for speakers on how to prepare presentations that cater to audience needs. Definition of the presentation's objectives; Identification of audience needs; Use of analogies, quotations and rhetorical devices.
- When in Rome. Cathcart, Jim; Alessandra, Tony // Training & Development Journal;Jun85, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p22
Discusses ways by which speakers conduct presentations according to audience type. Audiences' exhibition of behavioral styles in social situations; Differences in audience requirements; Need for speakers to show interest in the audience.