Minority Execs Want an Even Break
- WHAT Minority Employees REALLY Want. Mehta, Stephanie N.; Chen, Christine Y.; Garcia, Feliciano; Vella-Zarb, Karen // Fortune;7/10/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p180
Introduces a series of articles on race relations in the United States workplace. Statistics regarding job satisfaction among minority executive employees; Competitive advantages represented by a diverse work force; Incidence of discrimination against minority executives; Importance of...
- The downside of diversity. Brady, Teresa // Management Review;Jun96, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the negative effects encountered in the practice of diversity in the workplace. Discrimination based on national origin; Rule on fluency in English and foreign accents; Recommendations to help keep the workplace free of national origin discrimination.
- US firms cautioned on religious diversity. Rana, Ella // People Management;7/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p10
Focuses on the problem concerning religious diversity in the workplace in the United States. Findings of the 2001 Religion in the Workplace Survey; Suggestions for employers and human resource professionals on how to deal with the issue; Accommodations provided by employers to employees of...
- Is it really getting better? Race, gender and career advancement in accounting. Backmon, Ida Robinson; Clark, Gloria // National Public Accountant;July97, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p33
Studies race, gender and career advancement in accounting in the United States. Recognition of the need to retain talented employees in accounting firms; Perceptions related to career advancements and discrimination; Common problems encountered by female accountants; Job dissatisfaction due to...
- Advancement is still a problem for minority employees. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Apr95, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p24
Reports that promotions and mentoring issues remain obstacles for career advancement of minorities in the United States. Minority retention Survey by Brecker & Merryman Inc.; Concerns on workplace diversity; Opinion on effectivity of affirmative action programs.
- A Balancing Act on Diversity Audits. Grensing-Pophal, Lin // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p87
Focuses on the issue of workplace discrimination in the United States. Reluctance of companies to investigate discrimination lawsuits; Changes in the percentage of discrimination suits won by employees; Difference between management and employee attitudes toward diversity in the workplace. ...
- Operators strive to include all in the family. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;2/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p1
Reports developments related to family-restaurant business in the United States. Plans of Denny's to help raise one million dollar to promote diversity in the business; List of restaurant's best-selling item; Discrimination in hiring and racism.
- Minorities hit `concrete' job ceiling. Kleiman // Las Vegas Business Press;10/11/99, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p12
Focuses on the persistence of race and ethnic discrimination against minority workers in the United States. Failure of companies to groom minorities for executive-level positions; Ineffectiveness of diversity programs in dealing with issues of subtle racism; Keys to recruiting and retaining...
- Realizing the benefits of diversity: A wake-up call. Dolan, Jennifer A.; Giles-Brown, Leigh // Public Manager;Spring99, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p51
Discusses ways on how to capitalize on the benefits of diversity within the workforce in the United States. US Congress' enactment of laws designed to protect against various forms of discrimination in federal agencies; Requirements for affirmative action programs and for a federal workforce...