Employee, Cover Thyself
- The Employee's Point of View. // Best's Review;Oct2000, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p130
Reports on the results of KPMG's survey of United States employees about their opinion on defined-benefit health insurance benefits. Interest in a defined-contribution system; Advantages for employees; Tax laws.
- A New Breed of Buyers. Altman, Larry; Knott, David // Best's Review;Oct2000, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p164
Discusses the shift of employer-sponsored health plans away from defined benefits and toward defined-contribution formats, which is seen as a critical enabler of foreseen changes in the United States healthcare industry over the next decade. Employees' selection of their own health plans and...
- Keep up with changes. FREEMAN, PETER // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2013, Issue 158, p76
This article discusses ways for employees to benefit from the increase in compulsory employer superannuation contributions in Australia. Compulsory employer superannuation contributions have increased from nine to 9.25 percent of salary and is expected to continue in the next few years....
- Encouraging Savings. Mathis-Gleason, Lois // Benefits Magazine;Dec2013, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p8
The article presents an answer to a question on how employees can be encouraged to save more in an employer's defined contribution plan.
- Work out what's yours. // Finance Week;06/16/2000, p35
Offers tips for employees on how to ensure that they receive their due from a defined contribution fund in South Africa. Filing of annual benefit statements; Transfer of retirement lump sums when moving to another employer; Verification of retirement fund deductions from salary.
- Power to Please. Edlin, Mari // Managed Healthcare Executive;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p32
Discusses the concept of defined contribution health plans in the U.S. Development of consumer-driven health plan model; Cost of health care; Types of consumer-driven healthcare plans; Services offered by benefits solutions companies. INSET: Getting in the game.
- Defined contribution health plans may control costs. Tosto, Frank // Westchester County Business Journal;02/18/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p19
Views on the inflationary increases of health insurance in the U.S. Negotiation for the costs of insurance services; Regulation on the cost of prescription drugs; Formation of a defined contribution plan for health insurance.
- The Defined-Contribution Plan: The Next Generation of Healthcare Financing. Emery, James D. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2001, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the effects of the defined-contribution health insurance plan on the decisions of purchasers of healthcare coverage in the United States. Reasons for employers to pay for higher health insurance premiums; Features of a defined-contribution plan; Issues confronted by employers that...
- Defined-Contribution Health Insurance Products: Development And Prospects. Christianson, Jon B.; Parente, Stephen T.; Taylor, Ruth // Health Affairs;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p49
Examines the advantages of defined-contribution health insurance products in the United States. Increase in health plan premiums; Involvement of employees in health care purchasing decisions; Use of the Internet to support consumer decision making.