Bullying in the Workplace Often Goes Unnoticed
- BULLY FOR YOU. Cigno, Katy // Community Care;8/15/2002, Issue 1435, p38
Discusses workplace bullying in social work education and social care settings. Reasons for the reluctance in talking about the bullying problem; Finding on studies who are bullied; Forms of bullying; Components to consider in treating bullying.
- TACKLING BULLYING IN THE WORKPLACE. Brown, Barrie // Mental Health Nursing;Jun2011, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p20
The article presents an overview of addressing bullying in the workplace in Great Britain by talking to someone who has a sympathetic ear, fresh perspective and utmost support to get through of being demeaned.
- Is our new head of department a bully. // People Management;7/15/2010, p35
The article provides answers to a question about bullying in the workplace.
- Bullying: A soul shattering experience. Strawbridge, Yvette // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p40
Shares the thoughts, feelings, reflections and healing from an experience of being bullied in the workplace. Effect of bullying ob self-esteem and confidence.
- Workplace Bullying Takes a Toll. Garofalo, Pat // U.S. News Digital Weekly;11/8/2013, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p20
The article reports on a study conducted by the Workplace Bullying Institute which shows that some 35 percent of people in the United States have experienced bullying on the job, while 15 percent reporting that they witnessed others being bullied.
- Time to ban the bullies. Ball, Chris // Personnel Today;11/1/2005, p13
This article asserts that the Personnel Today/Andrea Adams Trust bullying survey in Great Britain highlights how little has changed since the unions first focused on bullying in 1919. Next Monday has been designated "Ban Bullying Day," as a reminder of the evils of workplace bullying. Fittingly,...
- UK plc can't afford to ignore the bullies. Dempsey, Karen // Personnel Today;11/1/2005, p14
This article asserts that according to the Personnel Today/Andrea Adams Trust bullying survey in Great Britain, visible cases of bullying have fallen to 70%, compared with 87% a year ago. Many HR departments (59%) have put policies and procedures in place, which they believe are effective in...
- Lurking in the Shadows. Yandrick, Rudy M. // HR Magazine;Oct99, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p60
Offers a look at workplace bullying. Definition of workplace bullying; Examples of bullying behaviors; Process by which a bully succeeds at poisoning a workplace; Costs of bullying; What human resource professionals can do; Legal ramifications of bullying.
- Take 4 steps to stop bullying, intimidation. // Same-Day Surgery;May2010, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p53
The article describes steps which can help stop bullying and intimidation in the workplace. The steps include allowing for informal feedback and being proactive.