New millennium will challenge agriculture
- The Functional Problems of the Agro-Industrial Complex and Ways of Solving Them. Khorokhorin, A. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p44
Discusses the functional problems of the Agro-Industrial Complex (AIC) in Russia in 1999. Reasons for the fall of the agricultural production; Legislative measures to revive AIC; Purpose of restructuring the financial aspect of AIC enterprises.
- Development Problems of the Agro-Industrial Complex. Zakharov, IU. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p56
Discusses the development problems of the Agro-Industrial Complex in Russia in 1999. Factors that caused the decline of agricultural productivity; State's budget appropriations; Steps to stabilize agricultural production.
- More rationalisation in agriculture. van Zyl, Johann // Finance Week;10/15/99, p46
Comments on the need to encourage more rationalization in South Africa's agricultural industry to boost productivity. Recognition of how agribusinesses lack industrial focus; Failure by the industry to have a defined area of specialty; Enumeration of rules and trends that the industry should...
- Efficiency and Stability of Large Agricultural Enterprises. Epstein, David // Eastern European Economics;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p70
Examines the problem of efficiency and stability of large agricultural enterprises in the Saint Petersburg Region. Relation between the number of workers and the efficiency of an enterprise; Economic ways in which unprofitable agricultural enterprises; Factors of success of the most effective...
- Farm financial picture displays warning signals. VOGT, WILLIE // Missouri Ruralist;May2011, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p16
The article discusses the economic condition of agricultural sector in the U.S.
- Untitled. Reck, Philip // Farmers Weekly;4/6/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 13, p13
The author discusses several developments in the British agricultural sector as of April 6, 2012, including the potential reduction in spring barley production if the conditions are not ideal, the need for accurate fertilisation and cultivation and importance of calcium and magnesium levels in...
- Reports Find Agriculture Still San Diego's No. 4 Industry. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p12
Reports developments on issues related to the agricultural industry in San Diego, California. Contribution of the agricultural sector on the economy of the state; Increase incidence of avocado stealing in a farm in Bonsall; Felony charges faced by G Products Inc. for importing tainted avocado pulp.
- Food Prices Are On The Rise. Gallagher, Erin // BEEF Exclusive Insight;4/3/2011, p3
The article focuses on the importance of the grain stocks and prospective planting reports released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on March 31, 2011 as seen with the closing of trade on April 2 yet adds that changes are expected in the agricultural sector.
- TIERRA, IDENTIDAD Y DINÁMICA PRODUCTIVA EN LAS CHINAMPAS DE SAN GREGORIO ATLAPULCO, MÉXICO. Benítez, Gisela Landázuri // Chronica Mundi;2012, Vol. 3/4 Issue 1/2, p87
Local development can be explained by the analysis of territory production dynamics based on the people that are part of it - those linked together by a common identity and a common project rooted in a particular place. The creation of a social space, which has its foundations in a sense of...