The hitch-hiker's guide to exhibitions
- Keeping check of the elements. Thurtle, Gary // Marketing Event;May99, p39
Provides tips on hosting an outdoor event. How to minimize costs; Ways to deal with the unpredictability of venues; How to deal with noise.
- Convention Bulletin. // Planning (14672073);7/11/2008, Issue 1777, p27
The article offers information regarding the plenary sessions, exhibitions, and launchtime events focusing on the impact of planning practice on the society and the environment in Great Britain. It says the events reflect on the inroads that spatial planning is making improvements in the lives...
- NVS renamed as Events UK. // Event;Nov/Dec2007, p4
The article reports that the 2008 National Venue Show (NVS) will be renamed Events UK and will be streamlined into a two-day exhibition that will run in London, England from September 17-18. It presents the rationale behind the decision. It cites the approach that will be taken by NVS to attract...
- SERVICES HELPLINE. // Event;May2004, p44
Answers two questions on events planning. Information on some corporate entertainment companies; Advice on using branded carrier bags to raise company profile at an exhibit.
- Do Not Disturb. Jackson, Nancy Mann // Expo Magazine;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the addition of private meeting rooms at United Fresh Produce Association's (UFPA) show floor in order to keep attendees on-site. In April 2009, UFPA launched its private business suites, most of which were already exhibitors. It was claimed that private suites were...
- Marketing your consumer show: What works now. Chandler, Linda C. // Expo Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p10C
Focuses on the media outlets utilized by marketers in marketing consumer trade shows. Advantages of a good public relations in garnering free publicity; Tips in advertising in the newspaper, radio and television; Evaluation of the marketing strategy.
- IMEX Is Business as Usual Despite Threat of Volcanic Ash. Bair, Betsy // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;5/31/2011, p5
The article reports on the continuation of the IMEX Frankfurt event in Germany on May 24, 2011 despite threat of volcanic ash. According to a statement issued by the IMEX organizers, buyers have been assured that a contingency plan was made if the situation worsens. Overall, the ninth annual...
- MM Live joins with Mortgage Expo for show in Scotland. // Money Marketing;1/12/2006, p6
The article focuses on the decision of the Money Marketing Live and Mortgage Business Expo, the industry's leading intermediary events, to work together to create one of the biggest business shows to be ever held in Scotland. significantly, Financial Services Scotland will see experts from...
- Nontraditional events. Tormohlen, Danica // Expo Magazine;May2006, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p26
Reports the results of an online survey on show organizers who are planning corporate events in 2006. Percentage of show organizers who are planning corporate events in 2006; Percentage of show organizers who are planning Webinars; List of popular nontraditional events.