The Knowledge People
- Collection time. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;10/28/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 21, p68
Discusses the knowledge management techniques developed by Great Britain's Post Office. Estimated number of the post office's employees; Appropriate situations for knowledge interviews; Explanations from Patrick O'Connell, head of knowledge management at Post Office Consulting.
- Post Office launches review of ...50m advertising account. O'Sullivan, Tom // Marketing Week;5/7/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p5
Reports that the British Post Office called for a review of its advertising business. Value of its advertising business; What will be included in the review; Advertising agencies employed by the Post Office.
- Post Office looks for maker of electronic card for claimants. Fitzgerald, Patrick // New Statesman & Society;2/17/95, Vol. 8 Issue 340, p10
Reports on the plan of Great Britain's Post Office and Benefits Agency to revolutionize the Post Office's benefits payments system. Use of machine-readable cards and a network of cashpoint-type machines; Names of potential service providers; Responsibilities of selected provider; Projected cost...
- Forecasting on the back of an envelope. Wheal, Chris // Public Finance;10/21/94, p15
Reports on the system of the Post Office of Great Britain in monitoring cash flow. Upgrading of the forecasting system; Utilization of gathered information.
- Counting out its money. Wheal, Chris // Public Finance;10/14/94, p15
Reports on how Post Office counters manages the sums of cash it turns over and how it moves money around Great Britain. Images conjured by post offices in people's minds; Value of cash handled by Post Office counters every year; Banks deals; Cash problems faced by the Post Office.
- Mutual Post Office is the way, study says. // Convenience Store;5/27/2011, p8
The article focuses on the study, titled "Mutual Options for the Post Office Ltd," which discusses the recommendations for the mutualisation of the Post Office in Great Britain.
- Stamp of authority. Wheal, Chris // Public Finance;11/4/94, p10
Discusses the possibilities for increased competition in the British Post Office. Regulation of postal services in Great Britain; Comment by Peter Vass, research director of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA); Problems facing regulation.
- Regulation not privatisation will keep the Post Office on course. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;6/25/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p17
Focuses on the problems that are being faced by Great Britain's Post Office. Amount of money the Post Office made in profits in 1997; Speculation that the Post Office's European rivals are buying shares in private courier companies; Identification of some of these companies; Why prime minister...
- Direct marketers monitor Post Office trading practices. Trickett, Eleanor // Campaign (UK);08/07/98, Issue 32, p7
Presents information on the monitoring of the British Post Office's trading practices by direct marketing companies. Who is leading the initiative; Comments from John Watson, group chairman of WWAV Rapp Collins company; Details on comments from Robert Mayes, group communications director of WWAV.