Managing knowledge--how to do it
- Cashing in on corporate knowledge. Monroe, Linda // Buildings;Jul98, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p10
Editorial. Presents seven steps to help cash in on the knowledge within the organization.
- KM World Trend-Setting PRODUCTS OF 2006. McKellar, Hugh // KM World;Sep2006, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p12
A list of trend-setting knowledge management products is presented for 2006 in the U.S.
- Knowledge management: A literature overview. Ponelis, Shana; Fairer-Wessels, Felicite A. // South African Journal of Library & Information Science;Mar98, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p1
Examines the conceptual foundations of knowledge management, while clarifying the knowledge relating to data and information. Discussion on the characteristics of knowledge; Definition of knowledge management; Indication that there are numerous ways in which knowledge management could be...
- Preface. Dalkir, Kimiz // Proceedings of the International Conference on Intellectual Capi;2009, preceding p1
A preface to the Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management, and Organizational Learning which was held in Montreal, Canada is presented.
- Making knowledge mean business. Bowen, Ted Smalley; Scannell, Ed // InfoWorld;02/22/99, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p69
Presents information on Institute for Knowledge Management (IKM), an initiative intended to help jump-start the growing demand for knowledge management solutions. Approach of Microsoft for the increasing demand of knowledge management solutions; Technologies grouped under knowledge management.
- Tapping corporate knowledge. // Internal Auditor;Aug98, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on a survey by KPMG company on knowledge management. Results of the survey; Benefit of knowledge management; Information on other related surveys; Three tips for successfully implementing a knowledge management program.
- Is the world ready for knowledge management? Zuckerman, Amy; Buell, Hal // Quality Progress;Jun98, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p81
Discusses knowledge management, and the role it plays in businesses. Definition of knowledge management; What knowledge management involves; Functions which an employee must be able to perform in knowledge management; How knowledge management benefits companies; Details on knowledge management.
- Tacit Knowledge Roundtable. // IT Professional;Jul/Aug1999, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p57
Presents the First Tacit Knowledge Roundtable on September 27-28 in Atlanta, Georgia. Theme; Topics for discussion; Lecturers.
- Where's the chief knowledge officer? Gray, J.A. Muir // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);09/26/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7162, p832
Describes the problems relating to the proper flow of information. The use of paper to relay information; Information dissemination; Too much information.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to Knowledge Management. Oakes, Kevin; Rengarajan, Raghavan // T+D;Jun2002, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p75
Focuses on the nature of knowledge management. Association between knowledge management and electronic learning; Distinction between information and knowledge; Need for human interaction in the transfer of knowledge.