Top 10 tips to keep IT fit
- Information management. Prager, Kenneth P. // Executive Excellence;Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p5
Focuses on the impact of information technology to business enterprise management. How to manage information for the benefit of the company; Necessity for information technology professionals to know information needed by their company; How to manage information resources.
- SURVIVING THE CURVE. Ranadive, Vivek // Siliconindia;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the challenges of the information revolution. Role of people and technologies in the 21st century; Changes in the management style; Importance of hiring the very best people. INSET: Vivek Ranadive..
- Futureproofing Flexibility. Cleary, Matthew // Buildings;Jul2002, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p22
Deals with design considerations for building infrastructures in the 21st century. Responsibilities of building owners in infrastructure management; Effect of information technology growth on building infrastructure demand; Kinds of building infrastructures.
- Riding the technology tiger. Gellman, Harvey // Business Quarterly;Summer90, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p67
Examines the effects of information technology on the practice of business management. Success of information systems; Role of senior executives; Importance of partnerships among systems staff and users staff.
- Doing the doable. Scopick, James R.; Wheeler, Basil R. // Business Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p124
Offers businesses guidelines for managing their information technology functions. Focusing on the company's core business; Being a leading edge user; Using evolution; Having a bias for implementation.
- Infotech: Shaping management to come. Copeland, Ken // Business Quarterly;Spring93, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p125
Discusses the impact of information technology changes on the way companies are managed. Creation of pressure for change within an organization; Information technology's operation as an external force; Changes in the competitive environment; Need for organizations to become more electronically...
- What's in a name? Armstrong-Smith, Iestyn // Frontline Solutions;Feb2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p6
Introduces a series of articles about front-end technologies that extend information management across manufacturing, warehousing, logistics and field-service operations. Benefits of warehouse automation; Impact of the Internet on business; Case studies about a wide range of solutions that can...
- Get help with security. Dickerson, Chad // InfoWorld;6/17/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p60
Advises against the handling of information technology security by companies in-house. Factors to consider in achieving successful security management; Importance of a good relationship with outsourcing companies.
- WHO'S ON FIRST? Bolles, Gary A. // CIO Insight;Mar2003, Issue 24, p79
Discusses the ability of companies to manage employee access to all kinds of data and application. Complications of identity management; Share of customer information with partners; Laws in the U. S. which govern identity management actions.
- Wealth creation. Carter, Barry // Executive Excellence;Oct99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p11
Cites the ways on how business organizations can be successful in the era of information technology. Includes thinking systematically; Diversification; Creation of an electronic organization.