Top 10 tips to keep IT fit
- Information management. Prager, Kenneth P. // Executive Excellence;Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p5
Focuses on the impact of information technology to business enterprise management. How to manage information for the benefit of the company; Necessity for information technology professionals to know information needed by their company; How to manage information resources.
- SURVIVING THE CURVE. Ranadive, Vivek // Siliconindia;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the challenges of the information revolution. Role of people and technologies in the 21st century; Changes in the management style; Importance of hiring the very best people. INSET: Vivek Ranadive..
- Strategy needs technology. Troskie, Johann; Marais, Piet // Finance Week;6/21/2002, p54
Discusses the importance of the integration between business objectives and information technology (IT) for the success of business IT applications. Claims on the failure of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation to prioritize IT; Determinants of the success of business IT objectives;...
- Futureproofing Flexibility. Cleary, Matthew // Buildings;Jul2002, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p22
Deals with design considerations for building infrastructures in the 21st century. Responsibilities of building owners in infrastructure management; Effect of information technology growth on building infrastructure demand; Kinds of building infrastructures.
- Riding the technology tiger. Gellman, Harvey // Business Quarterly;Summer90, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p67
Examines the effects of information technology on the practice of business management. Success of information systems; Role of senior executives; Importance of partnerships among systems staff and users staff.
- Doing the doable. Scopick, James R.; Wheeler, Basil R. // Business Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p124
Offers businesses guidelines for managing their information technology functions. Focusing on the company's core business; Being a leading edge user; Using evolution; Having a bias for implementation.
- Infotech: Shaping management to come. Copeland, Ken // Business Quarterly;Spring93, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p125
Discusses the impact of information technology changes on the way companies are managed. Creation of pressure for change within an organization; Information technology's operation as an external force; Changes in the competitive environment; Need for organizations to become more electronically...
- What's in a name? Armstrong-Smith, Iestyn // Frontline Solutions;Feb2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p6
Introduces a series of articles about front-end technologies that extend information management across manufacturing, warehousing, logistics and field-service operations. Benefits of warehouse automation; Impact of the Internet on business; Case studies about a wide range of solutions that can...
- Get help with security. Dickerson, Chad // InfoWorld;6/17/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p60
Advises against the handling of information technology security by companies in-house. Factors to consider in achieving successful security management; Importance of a good relationship with outsourcing companies.
- WHO'S ON FIRST? Bolles, Gary A. // CIO Insight;Mar2003, Issue 24, p79
Discusses the ability of companies to manage employee access to all kinds of data and application. Complications of identity management; Share of customer information with partners; Laws in the U. S. which govern identity management actions.