Kansas, Texas nursing home deals break the 6% barrier
- An emerging market for health care loans. Monroe, Stephen M.; Hammell, Kathy // Mortgage Banking;Dec94, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p85
Discusses the financing sources available to the development of the nursing home industry of the United States. Emergence of securitization; Low default rates on health care mortgages; Role of investment banks with mortgage conduits.
- Trends shaping the nursing home environment. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p48
Reviews the report by marketing analysis firm Irving Levin Associates on the nursing home acquisition market as it has evolved from 1987-1992. Factors contributing to the 1987 `almost bust' year; Increase in the average price per bed; The role of demographics; Anomaly in the health care system;...
- Nursing homes and Wall Street. Stupay, Arthur M. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p6
Discusses the increase in value of the stocks of nursing homes, with several offering high dividend yields. Health care stock roundup A; Beverly Enterprises; Health Care and Retirement Corporation; Manor Care; GranCare. Projection of nursing home earnings for 1992 by analysts; Expanding...
- Nursing homes and Wall Street. Stupay, Arthur M. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;May/Jun92, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the decline of nursing home stocks by 11 percent. Prices of biotechnology and pharmaceutical stocks; Earning status of Health and Rehabilitation Properties, National Health Corp., and The Horizon Group; Debut of Living Centers of America on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Nursing homes and Wall Street. Stupay, Arthur M. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p6
Discusses recent developments on Wall Street effecting nursing homes. Nursing home stocks recover; Health Care and Retirement Corp. (HCR) rose more than 20 percent; REITS are roaring; Four major issues concerning REITS facing nursing homes; Living Centers of America shows strong third quarter...
- What the federal budget deficit will do to nursing homes. Muse, Donald N. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p9
Interviews Donald N. Muse on the effect of deficits in the federal budgets to nursing homes. Freeze on reimbursement; Fixed health care dollar; Self-payment of insurance programs of retirees; Expenses of long-term care insurance.
- Getting help with your building loan. Davis, Jeffrey A. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p14
Provides a guideline on how to get financing loans for building nursing homes. Consultant choice, competence and payment; Knowledge of need and nature of consultant's work. INSET: Underwriting terminology..
- The stock market/president-elect Clinton. Stupay, Arthur M. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p48
Discusses the stock market status of nursing homes and President Bill Clinton's approach to health care. Wall Street Journal articles; President Bill Clinton's health program approach.
- Receivables financing as a source of working capital. Mamo, David // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct94, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p28
Discusses receivables financing for nursing homes in the United States. Banks and finance companies as most obvious sources; Receivables' function as part of the total collateral pledged; Functions of asset-backed securities (ABS); Kinds of grouped assets; Financing through securitization of...