Austin moves ahead with annexation plan
- City's push to annex undeterred. Read, Paul // Journal of Business (10756124);4/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, pA1
Reports the bid Spokane City officials to continue the annexation of unincorporated lands in Spokane, Washington. Strategy to be executed in a number of years; Decision of the state Supreme Court in Washington, Canada; Comment of Spokane City deputy director on public works and utilities...
- Tortolita fending off neighbors' annexation efforts. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;06/29/98, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the municipality of Tortolita, Arizona's effort to fight off annexation attempts by Marana and Oro Valley towns. Tortolita Town Council's decision to continue the legal battle; Arizona Court of Appeals' ruling against incroporation law.
- Calverton zoning approval languishes. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/13/99, Vol. 46 Issue 33, p7A
Reports that the Suffolk County Planning Commission (SCPC) has disapproved the request of the Town of Riverhead to rezone the former Grumman site in Calverton in Ocean Beach, Long Island, New York. Basis of decision of SCPC; Plans for site redevelopment.
- Annexations in the works for Marana. Elliott, Robert S. // Inside Tucson Business;4/8/96, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
Reports that the town of Marana in Tucson, Arizona, has a number of annexations on the boards to improve its financial status and flesh out its borders. Comments from Town Manager Hurvie Davis; Incorporation of several swaths of lands into the growing town; Factors considered during the...
- Ill. county challenges annexation. Acohido, Bryon // Waste News;12/23/96, Vol. 2 Issue 32, p20
Reports that William R. Haine, a Madison County State's Attorney has filed a lawsuit against the city of Madison's annexation. Reason behind the lawsuit; Comments from supporters of the lawsuit.
- Tennessee poised to pass annexation bill. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p27
Expects Tennessee legislators to pass a conference bill that is hoped to end the conflict between larger cities and surrounding counties over annexation. Period allotted to municipalities to devise a plan to set up growth boundaries within which cities could annex unincorporated land; City and...
- Annexation faces challenge. // Inside Tucson Business;09/15/97, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p3
Reports on an Arizona committee's distribution of petitions to call a referendum to overturn Marana's annexation of 23 acres at the corner of Hartman Lane and Linda Vista Boulevard.
- Editorial: Tucson annexations benefit entire urban Pima County. // Inside Tucson Business;8/30/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p9
The author reflects on the benefits brought by annexations to the entire urban Pima County in Arizona.
- N.C. Town Agrees To Annex Black Areas; First In 215-Year History. // Jet;03/29/99, Vol. 95 Issue 17, p12
Reports on racial tensions in Trenton, North Carolina due to comments made by Mayor Joffree Leggett, and the decision of the all-white town council to annex three black neighborhoods.
- Austin continues quest to annex surrounding land, fixes eyes on ranch. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30258, p2
Reports on the efforts of the city government in Austin, Texas to annex adjacent properties in the city for its expansion plans. Value of the assessed property scheduled for annexation; Anticipation of major disputes due to the annexation plans.