PUC brief supports Pittsburgh's right to challenge utility merger in court
- Pennsylvania commission's terms could kill utilities' plans for merger. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;09/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30474, p7
Reports on Pennsylvania-based utility companies DQE Inc. and Allegheny Electric's abolition of their merger plans due to restrictions imposed by the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission (PUC). Allegheny's filing of a lawsuit to prevent DQE from breaking the deal; PUC's contentions about the...
- Market Power Concerns May Scuttle Merger. // Electric Light & Power;Oct98, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p9
Focuses on the proposed merger of Pennsylvania electric utilities Allegheny Energy and DQE Inc. Main objective of the merger; Terms of the agreement made by Pennsylvania regulators.
- Divided Pennsylvania PUC Approves FirstEnergy-Allegheny Merger. // Energy Daily;2/25/2011, Issue 38, p5
This article reports on the decision of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) to approve the merger of FirstEnergy Corp. and Allegheny Power Inc. The PUC made the decision despite allegations that the merged entity would have too much power in the electricity market in the state. The...
- Duquesne builds first E-Fuel plant. // Coal Age;Aug97, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p25
Reports on the proposed construction of a plant to produce E-Fuel in Tarentum, Pennsylvania, by Duquesne Energy Incorporated. When construction is scheduled to commence; Details on the plant; Comments from Richard M. LiConti, president of the company.
- API-PA: OVER $224 MILLION INVESTED IN PENNSYLVANIA COMMUNITIES BY ENERGY PRODUCERS THIS YEAR. // Fuel Oil News;May2014, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that Penssylvania Public Utility Commision will distribute more than 224 million U.S. dollars to local communities through the fees paid by natural gas producers under Act 13 as shale energy production generates huge revenues and drives job growth for Pennsylvania.
- U.S. utilities enter overseas partnerships. // Transmission & Distribution World;Dec97, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the Asian partnerships forged by American electric utilities PacifiCorp and DQE. PacifiCorp's partnership agreement with Visayan Electric Co. of the Philippines; DQE's joint venture with the Karnataka Electricity Board and the Karnataka Power Corp. Ltd. of India.
- Water M&A Keeps on Gushing. Appin, Rick // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/20/99, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p1
Explains that mergers and acquisitions are popular in the water utilities industry. Plan of DQE Inc. to acquire; Highlights on the third annual New York Society of Security Analysts Water Utilities Industry Conference on December 1999; Merger agreements entered into by American Water Works Co. Inc.
- Allegheny power and DQE to merge. // Coal Age;May97, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p11
Presents information on the proposed merger between Allegheny Power Systems Incorporated and DQE Incorporated. Stipulations of the merger; Information on the companies.
- Pa. LEC gets new regulation plan. DiLorenzo, Jim // Telephony;7/25/94, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p10
Reports on Bell Atlantic-Pennsylvania's receipt of a revised version of the alternative regulation petition it filed with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) in 1993. Components of the plan submitted to PUC.