IRS finds link between some yield burning, contributions
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.
- IRS proposed use of third-party information draws criticism. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the IRS' proposal to change its system of records under the Privacy Act of 1974.
- IRS makes fact-of-filing program permanent. // CPA Journal;Jun95, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p11
Announces the US Internal Revenue Service's plan to make its fact-of-filing program permanent. Importance of the program to professional firms.
- Threshold for T&E substantiation raised. // CPA Journal;Dec95, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p10
Looks at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) establishment of a threshold for substantiation. Description of threshold; Examination of undeductible expenses; What expenses are related to.
- New market segment audit guides issued. // CPA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p8
Presents information on market segment specialization program (MSSP) audit technique guides which were issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). What the automobile repair guide instructed; How industry works; Other suggestions on specific industries.
- `Lease strips' don't work per IRS. // CPA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p75
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service has announced it will be issuing regulations to nullify the tax effects of lease strips. Approaches the IRS may use.