Europe Laden With 3G Fruit
- The Value of Spectrum: How High is High? Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;04/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the bidding for third-generation wireless communication licenses in Great Britain.
- Best laid plans. Brodsky, Ira // America's Network;11/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p10
Comments on the government distribution of wireless licenses through spectrum auction. Distortion of rules prohibiting resale; Delay of granting the license; Increase of the pricing policy.
- FCC opens re-auction to big firms. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission to delay the re-auction of C- and F-block licenses to give the wireless industry time to digest rules that allow large carriers to bid.
- 3G tenders and licenses. // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p5
Presents news briefs on tenders and licenses for third-generation (3G) wireless technology as of March 2001. Number of Universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS) licenses awarded by the government of Belgium to incumbent operators; Companies that submitted applications for UMTS licenses...
- FCC signs off on leasing spectrum. Mohney, Doug // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p50
Reports on the authority for wireless radio licensees with exclusive rights to their assigned spectrum to enter into leasing agreements in the U.S. Requirement for licensee to exercise effective working control over the assigned spectrum; Lease of spectrum usage rights within the terms of the...
- British 3G Auction Battle: Food Fight!! Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on the licenses for third-generation computer systems and services that are for auction in Great Britain. Companies expected to bid for the licenses; Players that are top bidders of the licenses.
- Taiwan's 3G auction under way. // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the availability of third generation wireless technology license auction from Taiwan as of January 2002. Range of minimum bids; List of companies interested in the license auction; Percentage of the mobile penetration rate of Taiwan.
- Scaling a sheer cliff. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p12
Focuses on the auction of 70 to 80 telecommunication licenses in Europe. Wireless connectivity to the Internet; Offering of Wireless Access Protocol phones.
- FCC loosens, delays re-auction. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission to allow large wireless telecommunication carriers to participate in the re-auctioning of licenses reclaimed from bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc.