Canadian Carriers: Jumping The Gun
- Incumbents win big in Canadian auction. Tausz, Andrew // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the auction for wireless spectrum licenses in Canada in February 2001. Amount raised by Industry Canada's auction for wireless spectrum; Reason for the withdrawal of some companies from the auction; Amount spent by Rogers Wireless and Bell Mobility for their licenses.
- Canadian wireless users jump into the fire. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p25
Reports on the Wildfire service which Bell Mobility of Toronto and Wildfire Communications, made available for Bell's cellular and personal communications service wireless customers. Details on the service provided by Wildfire; Cost of the service.
- Nortel to supply Bell Mobility nets. // RCR;12/30/96, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p30
Presents information on the signing of an agreement between Northern Telecom Limited and Bell Mobility, in December 1996, for the supply of cellular and personal communications services networks. Terms of the agreement.
- Financing Spectrum. // Wireless Week;02/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the financing plans of Rogers Communications Inc. and Rogers Wireless Communications Inc. for acquiring personal communication systems (PCS) spectrum. Basis for its acquisition of the spectrum; Cost of its acquisition.
- Canadian carriers join forces for SMS. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p26
Reports on the partnership of Bell Mobility, Microcell Connexions, Rogers AT&T and Telus Mobility to improve their short messaging services in Canada. Terms of the deal; Views of analysts on the importance of the deal.
- Canadian operators rally around m-commerce standard. // RCR Wireless News;11/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the joint venture between Bell Mobility, Rogers Wireless and Telus Mobility to launch the Wireless Payment Services that would allow users to make payments with mobile telephones using any credit cards in Canada. Phases of the service; Reaction of Dawood Khan of Kazam Technologies to...
- Canadian operators roll out inter-carrier SMS. // RCR Wireless News;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p25
Reports on the commercial availability of inter-carrier mobile text messaging offered by Canadian wireless operators Bell Mobility, Microcell PCS, Rogers AT&T Wireless and Telus Mobility. Different pricing plans offered by each company
- Canada Poised For Two-way Revolution. Careless, James // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p31
Discusses the revolution in Canadian paging industry through the two-way paging system. Information on Canada's Big Three carriers going two-way; Details on Rogers AT&T's launching of two-way paging; Plan of Bell Mobility to deploy a national network.
- Canadian carriers face slump. Tausz, Andrew // Global Wireless;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p17
Reports the performance of several wireless communication carriers in Canada in the second quarter of 2001. Bell Mobility; Microcell Telecommunications; Rogers AT&T Wireless; Telus Mobility.