- Carriers in the fast lane. Todd, Karissa // Wireless Review;06/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p20
Features six wireless companies in Atlanta, Georgia. Background information on Atlanta; How Air Touch company launched its digital migration; Coverage plans of each companies; Factors attributing to the success of the six wireless companies. INSETS: Secret to success;Who are the...
- AirTouch to offer e-mail via pager service. // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p25
Reports that AirTouch Paging and Wireless Services Corp. have agreed to offer AirNote wireless electronic mail service throughout the United States.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p60
Presents charts and graphs on stocks of companies in the wireless communication business. Stocks marked by declines as of November 8, 2000; Shares of Metrocall Inc., a provider of two-way interactive messaging; Stocks of Airgate PCS.
- Nasdaq Bumps Paging Carriers. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p18
Reports that Arch Wireless Inc. and Metrocall Inc., two paging and wireless data companies, are in threat of being removed from the Nasdaq Composite Index. Date when Nasdaq delisted Metrocall; Share price needed by Metrocall in order for it to avoid being delisted from the SmallCap Market;...
- Metrocall offers messaging management tool. // RCR;11/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p19
Announces the commercial availability of the proprietary Integrated Resource Management System of Metrocall Inc. Benefits for corporate users; Product features.
- A view from Herald Square. McIntyre, Douglas A. // FW;1/2/96, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p14
Editorial. Considers that the market system is the primary engine for social good. Comments by AirTouch Communications Chairman Sam Ginn and his assertion that wireless communication is the right product at the right time for whole populations that need it; Its features; The discipline,...
- Ginn says wireless is 'bigger than the Internet'. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p18
Presents the views of AirTouch Communications Inc. chairman and chief executive Sam Ginn on his prospects for the wireless communication business in the United States. Advantages of wireless communication over the Internet; Policy positions pushed by the Cellular Telecommunications Industry...
- AirTouch tests multiple-vendor approach. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p20
Announces AirTouch Communications Inc.'s completion of an advanced development program to test cost-effective elements for wireless networks. Goal of testing emerging wireless technology; Testing done on personal communications services spectrum.
- InPhonic to use Metrocall networking capabilities. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Announces InPhonic Inc.'s agreement to use Metrocall Inc.'s wireless data and messaging applications for Research in Motion Ltd. and Motorola TalkAbout T900 devices.