Is `Price Right'? Come On Down!
- Roping The Dough. Bourrie, Sally Ruth // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p44
Offers a look at how the changing nature of the wireless communication has forced carriers to revamp their billing systems. Effort of Sprint PCS and US West Wireless with regards to the trend; Importance for companies to know their customers more; Various views on the matter.
- Wireless Data May Emerge From Niche. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;08/09/99, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p40
Forecasts the growth of wireless data in the United States. Popularity of handheld computing devices; Subscriber demand of Sprint PCS; Introduction of telephones with the Wireless Application Protocol; Net Access Internet service of AirTouch.
- U S West pulls back on wireless Internet access. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p24
Reports that US West Wireless is delaying the rollout of its commercial Web-browsing service in the United States until the beginning of 2000 as it works to understand what its customers want from wireless Internet access. Integration of different products from the company's Enterprise Data...
- Sprint Nextel to cut 4000 jobs. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2008, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the plan of Sprint Nextel Corp. to curtail its number of employees and to close some of its retail outlets as a result of subscriber losses in the U.S. According to the article, the company lost 683,000 post-paid subscribers and 202,000 traditional prepaid subscribers...
- Sprint PCS turns out Internet-access package. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p30
Reports that Sprint PCS' introduction of commercial Internet-access services will commence in September 1999. Target clientele and features of Sprint PCS Wireless Web; Special offer to Sprint PCS customers who have signed up for plans worth $30 or more; Announcement of nationwide availability...
- WHISPERS. // Inter@ctive Week;09/11/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p58
Provides information on Internet service providers as of September 11, 2000. Description of a data service launched by Alltel; Details on a mobile Internet venture capital fund created by Ericsson and three partners; Plan of Sprint PCS to use an application platform from Air2Web.
- Sprint Nextel set to ditch PC song downloads. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/6/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p6
The article reports that Sprint Nextel Corp. has set to remove downloading of songs from its Sprint Music Store service to desktop computer effective on October 15, 2008. Sprint has advertised this notice to its home page to inform their customers that all Sprint Music Store sales will be...
- BAM Joins Ranks For Wireless Internet Subs. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p22
Provides information on Bell Atlantic Mobile's (BAM) launching of the Web Access service in its East Coast markets. Comments from Deb Carroll, BAM vice president for marketing; Comparison between BAM and Sprint PCS; Views of Sprint PCS spokesman Tom Murphy on the expected competition.
- Triple 'Guild' play for Microsoft. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter;11/24/2008, Vol. 407 Issue 29, p1
The article reports that Microsoft Corp. got the exclusive rights for the distribution of the second season of the Web series, "The Guild." "The Guild," a scripted comedy misadventure of a group of online gamers, will be distributed worldwide simultaneously across Live Marketplace, MSN and Zune....