- Leading the charge. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;02/02/98, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p64
Reports that WirelessNorth is testing a new pricing structure for service on its digital wireless networks in Minnesota and North Dakota. Overview on the company's new flat-rate offering; Rate structures offered by the company; Features of the company's flat-rate service offering;...
- Wirelessnorth opens retail store. // RCR;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p4
Reports that WirelessNorth has opened a retail location in Duluth, Minnesota.
- Sanders announces PCS-Over-Cable agreement. // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p41
Reports on Sanders' agreement with WirelessNorth to supply its distributed antenna system to support the deployment of a wireless network covered by WirelessNorth's personal communications services licenses. Features of the antenna system.
- Look, Ma, No Towers. Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;08/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p20
Reports on WirelessNorth's use of plasma current switch-over-cable technology. Advantage of the technology; Description of the set-up; Details of the installation made by Cox Communications; Product enhancements. INSETS: PCS Over Cable for CDMA;Extensions & Fillers.
- WirelessNorth, Clearnet ink roaming pact. // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p26
States that WirelessNorth has signed an agreement with Clearnet PCS Incorporated a subsidiary of Clearnet Communications Incorporated in Ontario, Canada. Details on the company's other business agreements.
- WirelessNorth PCS up in N.D., Minn. // RCR;10/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p26
Announces that Personal communications services provider WirelessNorth has launched a Code Division Multiple Access network. Where the Code Division Multiple Access network will be launched; Comments from Rick Rappe, president and chief executive officer of WirelessNorth.
- Company created to manage PCS markets in North. // RCR;7/29/96, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p24
Reports on the establishment of WirelessNorth to manage the personal communications services (PCS) markets acquired by a partnership of Independent Telephone Cos. and Minnesota Equal Access Network Services. Plans to enter the 10-megahertz auction for additional PCS markets.
- Wireless North picks Motorola for gear. J.M. // Telephony;02/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p6
Reports on Wireless North's decision to buy Motorola infrastructure. Reasons for buying Motorola's products; Passing on the selection of code division multiple access (CDMA).
- LMDS flies Big Sky County. Moch, Chrissy // Telephony;09/27/99, Vol. 237 Issue 13, p26
Reports on the launching of Touch America's local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) network in Billings, Montana. What drew Touch America to Billings; Advantage of the LMDS service of Touch America compared to its competitors.