U.K. 3G Auctions: SpectrumCo Partners Quit, Sonera On Top
- And they're off...U.K. UMTS auction begins. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;03/13/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the United Kingdom's (UK) use of auction process for its universal mobile telephone services. Comparison with other auctions; UK incumbents expected to win licenses; Information on Spectrumco; Companies' use of existing operating names.
- Bastille Day 2000? French Are Riled. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on the opposition of French telecommunication companies over plans of France's telecommunication regulator l'Autorite de Regulation des Telecommunications to auction third-generation frequency spectrum. Economic aspects of the auction; Participation of telecommunication companies in the...
- New Zealand to auction spectrum. // RCR;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p21
Announces that the New Zealand government will begin auctioning spectrum within the 2 gigahertz frequency bands in March 29, 1999.
- 700 MHz Auction Delayed. // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p1
Discusses the delay of the auction of the 30 megahertz of spectrum. Advantage of the delay; Concerns raised by the delay; Restrictions imposed in the 6-megahertz block.
- Compromise Clears Kiwi Auction. Griggs, Kim // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p25
Deal with a compromise that enabled New Zealand government to set date and formula to sell its third-generation radio spectrum. Factors that delayed the auction; Information on New Zealand's November 1999 general election.
- Incumbent cellular providers awarded frequencies in Hungarian auction. // European Telecom;Feb2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p9
The article discusses an auction of the spectrum in the 900 megahertz (MHz) band, by the National Media and Infocmmunications Authority (NMHH) in Hungary.
- Cable Group Spending Big on Spectrum. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p25
The article reports that the SpectrumCo Ltd. coalition has acquired Advanced Wireless Services spectrum licenses for more than $2.34 billion in the U.S. The coalition, which include Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable Inc., Cox Communications Inc, Bright House Networks Co. and Sprint Nextel Corp.,...
- Here we go again...the upcoming 220MHz auction. Kaercher, Kathleen A. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar1998, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p24
Presents the author's observations on the 220-megahertz spectrum auction that the US Federal Communications Commission plans to hold starting May 19, 1998. Bidding process; Need for system operators to know exactly what is up for sale; Issues that have remained unresolved as of the end of...
- AUCTION AGGRAVATION. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;2/12/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on the confusion of wireless operators in relation to the postponement of the 700-megahertz wireless spectrum auction in the United States. Expectation of wireless operators on the auction; Reason for the decision of Verizon Communications to request for the postponement of the auction;...