Satellites Falling From The Sky?
- Iridium announces intention to launch 96 additional satellites. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;12/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p2
Reports on plans by national consortium, Iridium LLC to launch and operate an additional constellation of 96 low-earth-orbit satellites to provide global advanced digital two-way voice and data communications. Agency that the company submitted an application to, in order to secure the...
- Iridium raises profile. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Reports on Iridium's completion of a two-part private debt financing. Timing with the commencement of satellite launches of the 66 low earth orbit spacecraft Iridium network; Improvement on the company's market profile.
- Iridium teams with wireless. // Telephony;06/22/98, Vol. 234 Issue 25, p47
Reports that Iridium LLC has signed 210 distribution agreements with regional wireless service providers and roaming partners. Completion of Iridium's operational readiness trials.
- Iridium raises 5 satellites and $1.5 billion in funds. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p20
States that five additional satellites were raised into orbit and $1.5 billion in additional capital in July, 1997, by Iridium L.L.C. What is Iridium's game plan; Information on the satellites that have already been launched; Reference to Iridium World Communications limited; Comments from...
- Iridium delays service launch. Bruno, Antony // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p3
Focuses on the announcement by Iridium L.L.C. that it will delay its initial September 23, 1998 service launch date to November 1, 1998. Factors contributing to the delay; Concerns highlighted by Ed Staiano, the company's vice chairman and chief executive officer.
- Honesty should count for something. Ford, Tracy // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p12
Opinion. Discusses the announcement by Iridium that it will not meet its commercial launch goal of September 23, 1998. Reasons given by the company for not being able to meet its launch goal; Expectations of the company to have 2,000 people using Iridium handsets on the Iridium network by...
- Tighter deal raises eyebrows. // High Yield Report;10/20/97, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p6
Reports on Iridium LLC's deal which was priced at $300 million. Discussion on the deal's sponsorship; Who is lead underwriter for the company; Details on the prices of the notes.
- Iridium raises $750 million credit facility. // RCR;9/02/96, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p16
Reports on the $750 million of interim credit facilities offered to Iridium L.L.C. by a syndicate of sixty-two banks in Washington (D.C.). Details on the credit facility; Information on banks involved in syndicate; Comments from Robert Kinzie, chairman and chief executive officer of Iridium.
- Iridium loses satellite contact. // RCR;07/28/97, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p14
Reports that Iridium LLC, a consortium of companies led by Motorola Incorporated, said it lost communication with one of its satellites during the week of July 20, 1997. When satellite was launched; Date satellite loss was confirmed; What will happen if company cannot restore communication with...