- Arch Joins push To Broaden Base For 2-Way Messaging. Palenchair, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/24/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p40
Reports that Arch Communications Group Inc. will expand its two-way wireless service selection with the launch of its Webster 100 service. List of retailers committed to sell Arch's two-way wireless service; Price range of two-way wireless messaging devices to be launched by the company;...
- Arch Goes Wireless. // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p30
Announces the change in the business name of Arch Communications Group to Arch Wireless Inc. to reflect the transformation of the company from a traditional paging and messaging carrier to a two-way wireless Internet messaging provider. Other changes in the repositioning; Objective of the...
- Carriers in the fast lane. Todd, Karissa // Wireless Review;06/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p20
Features six wireless companies in Atlanta, Georgia. Background information on Atlanta; How Air Touch company launched its digital migration; Coverage plans of each companies; Factors attributing to the success of the six wireless companies. INSETS: Secret to success;Who are the...
- AirTouch to offer e-mail via pager service. // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p25
Reports that AirTouch Paging and Wireless Services Corp. have agreed to offer AirNote wireless electronic mail service throughout the United States.
- More paging carriers activate content services. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p26
Reports on developments related to beepers and the paging industry. Implementation of content services; Companies which launched products complying with the standard; Includes Motorola Inc.; Arch Communications Group Inc.; Services offered.
- A view from Herald Square. McIntyre, Douglas A. // FW;1/2/96, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p14
Editorial. Considers that the market system is the primary engine for social good. Comments by AirTouch Communications Chairman Sam Ginn and his assertion that wireless communication is the right product at the right time for whole populations that need it; Its features; The discipline,...
- Ginn says wireless is 'bigger than the Internet'. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p18
Presents the views of AirTouch Communications Inc. chairman and chief executive Sam Ginn on his prospects for the wireless communication business in the United States. Advantages of wireless communication over the Internet; Policy positions pushed by the Cellular Telecommunications Industry...
- AirTouch tests multiple-vendor approach. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p20
Announces AirTouch Communications Inc.'s completion of an advanced development program to test cost-effective elements for wireless networks. Goal of testing emerging wireless technology; Testing done on personal communications services spectrum.
- Communications briefs. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/23/99, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p36
Reports on developments related to wireless communications industry as of August 23, 1999. Includes satellite telephone company Iridium's Chapter 11 filing; Paging company Arch Communications' distribution deal with Ingram Micro.