700 MHz Auction Delayed
- Bastille Day 2000? French Are Riled. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on the opposition of French telecommunication companies over plans of France's telecommunication regulator l'Autorite de Regulation des Telecommunications to auction third-generation frequency spectrum. Economic aspects of the auction; Participation of telecommunication companies in the...
- New Zealand to auction spectrum. // RCR;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p21
Announces that the New Zealand government will begin auctioning spectrum within the 2 gigahertz frequency bands in March 29, 1999.
- Compromise Clears Kiwi Auction. Griggs, Kim // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p25
Deal with a compromise that enabled New Zealand government to set date and formula to sell its third-generation radio spectrum. Factors that delayed the auction; Information on New Zealand's November 1999 general election.
- U.K. 3G Auctions: SpectrumCo Partners Quit, Sonera On Top. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p14
Focuses on the United Kingdom auction of third-generation wireless spectrum. Information on SpectrumCo alliance of investors and wireless specialists; Partners that have quit from the alliance; SpectrumCo's revised candidate group structure.
- Incumbent cellular providers awarded frequencies in Hungarian auction. // European Telecom;Feb2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p9
The article discusses an auction of the spectrum in the 900 megahertz (MHz) band, by the National Media and Infocmmunications Authority (NMHH) in Hungary.
- Here we go again...the upcoming 220MHz auction. Kaercher, Kathleen A. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar1998, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p24
Presents the author's observations on the 220-megahertz spectrum auction that the US Federal Communications Commission plans to hold starting May 19, 1998. Bidding process; Need for system operators to know exactly what is up for sale; Issues that have remained unresolved as of the end of...
- AUCTION AGGRAVATION. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;2/12/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on the confusion of wireless operators in relation to the postponement of the 700-megahertz wireless spectrum auction in the United States. Expectation of wireless operators on the auction; Reason for the decision of Verizon Communications to request for the postponement of the auction;...
- D Block in limbo as House expected to nix two-month payroll-tax deal (with related video). Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;12/19/2011, p1
The article offers information on the approval of D Block reallocation by Senate and on a compromise measure that would extend the payroll-tax cut and unemployment benefits for just two months in U.S. It states that a first-responder communications network were not included in the package but...
- India 2G auction fizzles. Bushnell-Embling, Dylan // Telecom Asia;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on a public auction of 1800-MHz 2G spectrum in India that was held in November, 2012. It informs that the auction raised an amount of 1.72 billion dollars with the Department of Telecom selling just 42.4 percent of the spectrum. It informs that the government has...