AT&T's Angel Delivers
- FCC to decide what wireless carriers must pay for transport. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the issue on whether the U.S. Federal Communications Commission should relax its rules requiring incumbent local exchange carriers (ILEC) to lease portions of their networks at specific rates. Involvement of the AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in the issue; Information on the unbundled...
- Advanced 411 Service. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reports on AT&T Wireless Incorporated's enhanced directory assistance service that offers live, professionally trained operators to answer calls and provide information beyond the name and phone number. Features of the service.
- AT&T Clips Angel's Wings. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p1
Announces the decision of AT&T Wireless to close its Digital Broadband wireless offering. Reason underlying the decision; Brief information on the wireless offering; Implications of the decision to the wireless industry.
- Netro Aims High With Angel. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p9
Reports that the fixed wireless equipment maker Netro Corp. would pay AT&T Wireless Inc. cash plus shares of Netro stock in exchange for the carrier's fixed wireless assets. Other advantage of AT&T Wireless in the deal; Marketing plan of Netro; View of analysts on the deal.
- AT&T Travels New Road To mMode. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on AT&T Wireless' mMode service. View of wireless research director, Becky Diercks on mMode and mLife services; Estimated cost of basic mMode access a month; Other NTT DoCoMo partners that are in the process of introducing i-mode services.
- AT&T Wireless maps major 3G plan. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;12/11/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p41
Reports business plans of AT&T Wireless in the United States. Interest on third-generation high-speed wireless data; Deployment of Global Systems for Mobile communications gear; Upgrade of the network with Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution-complaint gear.
- AT&T WIRELESS UNVEILS INTEGRATED BILLING PLATFORM. // Telephone IP News;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on an integrated billing platform unveiled by AT&T Wireless Inc. for application developers as of August 2002.
- AT&T inks content deals for mMode. // RCR Wireless News;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p23
Reports on the content contracts signed by AT & T Wireless Services Inc. with content providers for its mMode service. Features of the mMode applications; Plans of AT & T for a revenue-sharing relationship; Digital games offered by Digital Bridges on the mMode service.
- Are handset subsidies taking away from network upgrades? Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p14
Discusses issues surrounding wireless telecommunication subsidies. Strategies employed by AT & T Wireless Services Inc., T-Mobile International and Alltel Wireless; Importance of network quality; Factors that affect infrastructure spending.