Focus on the Fight
- Air-Sea Battle DISCLAIMERS and 'KILL-CHAINS'. Boyles, Robert C. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2014, Vol. 140 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses the air-sea battle (ASB) concept of the U.S. military as of January 2014. It claims that the concept is misunderstood and problematic due to its long list of disclaimers and technical or kill-chain approach to war. It cites that the concept is also about connectivity and...
- Obama Nominates Welsh As New Air Force Chief Of Staff. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;5/11/2012, Vol. 254 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama has nominated Air Force General Mark Welsh to become the new Air Force chief of staff.
- Welsh Sworn In As Air Force Chief Of Staff. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;8/10/2012, Vol. 255 Issue 31, p4
The article reports on the appointment of U.S. Air Force General Mark Welsh as the force's chief of staff.
- The Jewish World. // Jewish Advocate;8/16/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 33, p2
The article offers Jewish community news briefs as of August 16, 2013. Four terrorists killed in an Israeli drone strike inside Egypt. Israel publishes the list of 26 Palestinian prisoners set to go free in the first phase of the prisoner release on August 12, 2013. U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff...
- Welsh: F-35 To Conduct Different CAS Missions Than A-10. Insinna, Valerie // Defense Daily;8/25/2015, Vol. 267 Issue 39, p2
The article reports on a statement by U.S. Air Force chief of staff Mark Welsh concerning the capability of the F-35 multirole fighter aircraft to carry out different close air support (CAS) more effectively than the A-10 CAS attack aircraft.
- Air Force Chief Nominee Would Pressure Lockheed, Acquisition Community Daily Regarding F-35. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;7/19/2012, Vol. 255 Issue 15, p9
The article informs that Mark Welsh, nominee of Air Force chief of staff by U.S. president Barack Obama, has said that he is concerned about the Joint Strike Fighter program. Welsh also said that he would pressurize F-35 manufacturer Lockheed Martin (LMT) and service acquisition community over...
- SASC Confirms Welsh, Nomination Heads To Full Senate. // Defense Daily;7/26/2012, Vol. 255 Issue 20, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) has confirmed that Mark Welsh will be the next chief of staff of the U.S. Air Force.
- Welsh, Cornyn Working On Meeting To Resolve Confirmation Vote Hold. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;7/30/2012, Vol. 255 Issue 22, p7
The article reports that Republican Senator from Texas, John Cornyn, is trying to organize a with U.S. Air Force chief of staff nominee General Mark Welsh to discuss the hold he placed on the general's confirmation vote. Concerns with the sexual assault scandal at Lackland AFB, Texas, led Cornyn...
- DoD Leaders Reemphasize Commitment To Nuclear Triad. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;9/19/2012, Vol. 255 Issue 58, p8
The article reports that during the U.S. Air Force Association's 2012 Air and Space Exposition in the week beginning November 5, 2012, leaders of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), re-emphasized their commitment to the nuclear triad. General Mark Welsh, Air Force Chief of Staff, in his speech...