- Testing the defense secretary's mettle. Sperling, Godfrey // Christian Science Monitor;7/1/97, Vol. 89 Issue 151, p19
Profiles William Cohen, Secretary of Defense. The so-called bonus for taxpayers that was supposed to come with defense cutbacks; Cohen's desire to revolutionize the military; The stability in the world which Cohen believes is due to the American military; How Cohen's peers see him; His value to...
- THE DOUBLE MAN. Lane, Charles // New Republic;07/28/97, Vol. 217 Issue 4, p19
Profiles U.S. Republican Defense Secretary William Sebastian Cohen. Personal background; Ambivalence toward the use of force; Efforts to minimize U.S. military involvement in Bosnia; Goal in the Quadrennial Defense Review.
- Perry's COTS legacy expected to endure under Cohen. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jan97, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p7
Expects the continuation of William Perry's legacy as US Secretary of Defense under his successor William Cohen. Role in the success of the American peacekeeping mission in Bosnia; Supervision of removal of nuclear weapons from the former Soviet Union; Landmark June 1994 directive designating...
- Cohen's visit to Japan. // Jet;04/21/97, Vol. 91 Issue 22, p6
Presents a photograph of United States Defense Secretary William Cohen with his wife, Janet Langhart at the Tokyo International Airport.
- Cohen directs services to enforce discipline more uniformly. // Airman;Sep98, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p14
Reports that the United States Defense Secretary William Cohen has directed actions to standardize good order and discipline policies among the military services. Clarification of guidance on the offense of adultery under the Uniform Code of Military Justice; Call for uniformity in the...
- Defending defense. Kitfield, James // Government Executive;Jul98, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p63
Interviews United States (US) Defense Secretary William Cohen about his concerns on the readiness of the US troops and the size of the Defense Department's infrastructure. Statement on the potential erosion of readiness; Information on the exodus of military pilots; Discussion on the idea of...
- U.S. Missile Defense System Delayed. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/25/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 4, p40
Reports on the delay of the deployment of a National Missile Defense system by the United States Defense Department. Reason for the delay; Comments from Defense Secretary William Cohen; Proposed budget for national missile defense spending.
- DoD's cutting commission. // Government Executive;Jul97, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p6
Reports on US Department of Defense Secretary William Cohen's formation of the Task Force on Defense Reform to recommend ways to improve management of the department's agencies and streamline its business operations. Focus of the task force's review activities; Cohen's goals for the task force.
- Defense buyers cast wider net. Burman, Allan V. // Government Executive;Mar1998, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the US Department of Defense's (DoD) plan to make the contracting process for major weapon systems paper-free by January 1, 2000, under Defense Secretary William Cohen's Defense Reform Initiative. Challenges facing deputy secretary John Hamre in rationalizing the DoD's accounting and...