No More Guessing Games
- HATR The Unreported Incident. Wheeler, Chris L. // Flying Safety;Jun99, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p24
Looks at a C-5 Hazardous Air Traffic Report (HATR) incident involving instrument landing systems at Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany. How aircrews are put at risk; Reasons data lost and incidents that were unnoticed can be detrimental to aircrews; Significance of getting immediate feedback from...
- Paradise on the Plains. McKenna, Paul // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p26
Describes the experiences of United States Air Force airmen at the Grand Forks Air Base in North Dakota. Remarks from airman Jason McKim; Opinion on the values of the people in the local communities; Suggestion from Master Sergeant Ron Rodriguez to the airmen's spouses.
- AWACS unit reaches major milestone. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun99, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p18
Announces the attainment of operational capability status of the 513th Air Control Group at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma. Readiness to take on an expanded role in national defense; Unit reservists' flying and maintenance of E-3 Sentry aircraft.
- FINAL FRAME. // Airman;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p49
Presents a photograph depicting the activities of the Air Force workers from the 819th and 219th Expeditionary Rapid Engineering Deployable Repair Squadron Engineers units in a Southwest Asia base. Construction of a transportational building; Development of structures fro the 379th Air...
- New Fitness Requirement Applies to Deploying Airmen. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2011, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the application of a fitness requirement to Airmen of the U.S. Air Force preparing to attend Army-taught combat skills training (CST) before their deployment to a joint expeditionary taking and combat missions. It mentions that such training is physically demanding due to...
- Shriever AFB's First Term Airman's Center opens doors. Horton, Staff Sgt. Steve // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p13
Reports that Shriever Air Force Base in Colorado, has opened a First Term Airman's Center. Services provided by the center.
- Rivet Joint: Recon Ready. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p2
Features the United States RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft based at Offut Air Force Base, Nebraska. Sensor capabilities of the aircraft; Origin of the RC-135 aircraft; Modernization efforts on the aircraft; Remarks from airmen on the experience of flying the aircraft during conflicts; Difficulties...
- Defenders of Paradise. Greeley, Jim // Airman;Jun2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p20
Features some members of the United States Air Force that patrol the beach at Bellows Air Force Station in Hawaii. Description on their job at the beach; Their attitude toward their work; Information on the airmen that patrol the beach.
- IRAQ'S CROSSROADS. Tudor, Jason // Airman;Fall2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p4
No abstract available.