FILLING HOLES IN THE WEB
- La red de bibliotecas cuenta con Internet gratis para los estudiantes. // Boletin de la Asociacion Andaluza de Bibliotecarios;jan2008, Vol. 23 Issue 90/91, p201
No abstract available.
- WiscNet to stay in Place for Two more Years. Kelley, Michael; Warburton, Bob // Library Journal;7/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p12
The article provides brief information on WiscNet, a nonprofit cooperative that provides low-cost Internet access to schools and libraries in Wisconsin, which will continue to operate until at least 2013.
- Just the facts, ma'am. Block, Marylaine // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Nov2002, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the use of Web site directories in finding information on any topic. Advantage of the Internet over libraries; Information offered by the Librarians' Index to the Internet and the Internet Public Library; Background on the online services offered by libraries.
- The Devil Didn't Make Her Do It. Margolis, Rick // School Library Journal;Jul99, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p18
Reports that 16-year-old Burklin Nielsen has been vindicated of the bar from using the Internet in her school in Minnesota. Reason for being barred from using the school's Internet; Comments from Nielsen; Attention gained from Minnesota lawmakers.
- Log on to a new world at the local library. Bogle, Deborah // APLIS;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p112
Describes a local library in Geraldton, Western Australia. Changes implemented at the library; Benefits of the provision of Internet access at the library; Information on several databases available at the library.
- Cochrane library now freely available in India. Saha, Saumitra // Indian Journal of Surgery;Feb2007, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p35
A letter to the editor about the online access of Cochrane database is presented.
- Helping Government Meet Citizen-Centered Service Goals. Kohlenberg, Dale // Feliciter;2001, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p118
Focuses on the role of public libraries in implementing the citizen-centered service program of the government of Canada. Problems in providing Internet access to the people; Role of public libraries as source of information about government; Details of the government directories.
- City pays off wrongly fired libn. // American Libraries;Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p16
Reports a 1996 decision to pay former Municipal Librarian, Keith Revelle, back pay, interest, and court costs nearly eight years after he was dismissed from his position in Anchorage, Alaska; The agreed upon amount by the Anchorage Municipal Assembly; Details of Revelle's being fired by Mayor...
- Editorial: How Do You Know Whence They Will Come? Marmion, Dan // Information Technology & Libraries;Mar2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p3
Editorial. Comments on the debate among librarians over the relationship between online catalogs and libraries' Web presence. `Primary access point'; How to ensure that users, local and remote, will find an avenue that enables them to meet their information needs; Providing equal opportunity.