Ex Libris Acquires SFX Linking Software
- Ex Libris, EBSCO Link via SFX. // Information Today;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the agreement between Ex Libris (USA) Inc. and EBSCO Publishing to enable two-way linking between the SFX Linking server and the EBSCOhost online search system. Details of information resources available to library users as a result of the link; Role of SFX technology in simplifying...
- Vendors Holding Steady at ALA Midwinter Meeting. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;3/1/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p25
The fiscal dystrophy plaguing libraries hasn't yet impacted the automation firms serving the field. Most vendors report 2002 was a good year, with Ex Libris (USA) claiming it expanded 30 percent. However, the millions spent by libraries on software and systems had already been allotted before...
- Step-by-Step Approach to Differential Backup and Recovery. Burns, Chris; Kick, Iain // SQL Server Magazine;Aug2011, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p29
The article discusses how to take and restore differential backups (DB). It mentions that DB are totally independent from the transaction log backups and would not interrupt the log sequence number (LSN) chain or log shipping. It discusses how to implement a single-base DB on a database...
- In brief. // Accountancy;Jul1992, Vol. 110 Issue 1187, p61
Reviews several accounting software solutions. RealWorld Accounting software; ERS Stock Control Kit; Personnel Database Manager.
- Locality of Reference in Hierarchical Database Systems. Kearns, John P.; DeFazio, Samuel // IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering;Mar83, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p128
-c_Localized information referencing is a long-known and much-exploited facet of program behavior. The existence of such behavior in the data accessing patterns produced by database management systems is not currently supported by empirical results. We present experimental results which...
- Faster Smith-Waterman database searches with inter-sequence SIMD parallelisation. Rognes, Torbjørn // BMC Bioinformatics;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p221
Background: The Smith-Waterman algorithm for local sequence alignment is more sensitive than heuristic methods for database searching, but also more time-consuming. The fastest approach to parallelisation with SIMD technology has previously been described by Farrar in 2007. The aim of this study...
- DATABASE SEARCH. Johnson, James C. // Black Enterprise;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p52
Offers advice regarding software that can be used in establishing a database. Significance of knowing the basic types of databases; Features of the FileMaker Pro 7 database management software; Address of a Web site that offers a selection of database programs.
- STN Intern'l Enhances Messenger Search Software. // Information Today;May1987, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p12
This article reports on the improvements in the Messenger software of STN International as of May 1987. Improvements in the Messenger software make it easier for users to search and identify Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry numbers and also allow them to save an entire search session...
- NEW DATABASES. // Computers in Libraries;Oct2005, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p43
This article reports on the addition of Education Index Retrospective 1929 to 1983 to the Wilson Retrospective Collection of periodicals databases as of October 2005.