- Belgians hit quieter times. // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p2
Reports that Belgian fabric firms and their suppliers are braced for a quieter year in 1999. Holding of the annual Belgian Upholstery Fabrics and Trimmings Show; Significant drop in activity in the fourth quarter of 1998 according to textile federation Febeltex; Belgium as the number one...
- State can't manufacture the kinds of jobs it loses. // Business North Carolina;Feb2005, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p48
Provides information on the economic condition of the manufacturing sector in North Carolina, as of January 2005. Unemployment condition in the state's manufacturing industry; Market performance of textile companies; Status of the furniture industry.
- Textiles, Furnishings and Clothing. // NZ Business;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p59
Presents a directory of manufacturers and suppliers of textiles, furnishings and clothing in New Zealand as of 1999. Includes Abraham Furniture; Bourneville Furniture Systems; Canterbury Leather International Ltd.; Horizon Yarns Ltd.; Rembrandt Fine Arts Ltd.
- The Sanjiangren in Singapore. Shen Lingxie // Chinese Southern Diaspora Studies;2011/2012, Vol. 5, p175
The article discusses the identity of Sanjiangren, a Chinese dialect community, in enterprises in Singapore. It says that Sanjiangren is the people of Sanjiang, China which specialize in dress-making and furniture industry in social change. It mentions that the identity of Sanjiangren involves...
- Fabric biz becomes cosmopolitan. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;01/01/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p29
Comments on developments related to the furniture industry in the United States as of January 1, 2001. Increase in presence of foreign-based fabric companies; Implications for U.S.-based furniture companies.
- No incentives to manufacture in U.S., industry tells Commerce Dept. official. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the lack of incentives for manufacturing according to furniture and textile executives in the U.S. Field hearing conducted by undersecretary of international trade for Commerce Grant Aldonas concerning manufacturing issues and concerns; Disparity between the U.S., Asia and developing...
- Ruggiero unveiling latest Sunbrella collection. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;3/26/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p59
The article reports that designer and television personality Joe Ruggiero will be launching his latest Sunbrella fabrics collection at the High Point furniture industry trade show and exhibition in the U.S. His Sunbrella fabrics can be seen on his collection at Norwalk Furniture. Ruggiero said...
- Fabric scene: Fast forward. // Furniture/Today;8/6/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p2
The article reports that upholstery manufacturers have discussed a void in domestic fabrics with the demise of suppliers Joan/Mastercraft and Quaker, at the Las Vegas Market event in Nevada. The demise of these suppliers have forced upholstery manufacturers and retailers to develop contingency...
- Playing field leveling for domestic fabrics. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;6/23/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p47
The article comments on the return to domestic production of the decorative fabric and furniture business in the U.S. in 2008. The domestic environment for home textiles and fabrics has shown signs of growth, with at least 50 companies still manufacturing decorative fabrics in the U.S. The...