Two for the road
- Twigs at the top of Chiltern's design tree. // Cabinet Maker;06/01/2001, Issue 5240, p37
Reports the selection of Graeme Widdows and Paul McGlynn, students of Rycotewood College as recipients of the Transnational Woodland Industries Group (TWIG) award in Great Britain. Aim of TWIG, a European Union project; Purpose of the award; Furniture designed by the students.
- Student designs head for Malaysia. // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p3
Reports the rubberwood occasional furniture design competition for college students in Malaysia.
- Vitra puts students' work on show. // Cabinet Maker;1/21/2005, Issue 5422, p8
This article reports that students from Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College's MA Furniture Design and Technology course will display their work at Vitra's London showroom later this week. Among the works on show from January 26-28 will be Kenneth Nedal's Versatile Furniture, Gyle...
- Pack It Up. // Campus Life;Feb2004 Special Issue, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p38
Presents a list of items that serve as a guide for students moving in to a new life at college.
- Students sail to top prizes. // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p4
Reports the furniture craftsmanship annual design contest at Fife College in Scotland. Winner of the best finished furniture prize; Reproduction of recliner design; Production of home and office storage work unit; Prizes for the winners; Contest sponsors.
- Budget Bedrooms. // Careers & Colleges;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
Presents a list of products that can be used by college students in their dormitories. Easy Chair Furniture To Go; Mesh Metal Cubes; Diamond Drawer Organizer; Price of the products.
- View and discomfort glare from windows. Tuaycharoen, N.; Tregenza, P. R. // Lighting Research & Technology;Jun2007, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p185
There is less discomfort glare from a window with an interesting view than from either a neutral screen or a window with a poor view having the same daylight glare index. A view with patches of high luminance is more glaring than a more uniform view with the same mean luminance. In two...
- Store works hard to reach local students. // Furniture/Today;7/16/2001 Supplement, Vol. 25, p27
Focuses on the furniture store in Cincinnati, Ohio operated by Step by Step to target college students in the state. Range of home office furnishings at the store; Viability of the store's operations; Growth potentials according to executives.
- Less wired than tubed. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Southeast Edition;09/01/97, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p16
Presents the findings of a survey on what college students have in their living quarters in school, conducted by Call Home America . Includes television; Answering machines; Video cassette recorders.