- Short-run carton production aided. // Paperboard Packaging;Jun96, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p20
Reports on Bootle, England-based Walmsley's installation of an automatic print and packaging equipment to improve production of short-run, fast turnaround orders. Features of the six-color KBA Rapida 104 CX printing press.
- Mystery Shopper: Weston-Super-Mare. // Cabinet Maker;03/16/2001, Issue 5229, p10
Reports on the results of mystery shopping professionals' evaluation of Walmsley's furniture store in Great Britain.
- Delivery rules prompt Banbury store closure. // Cabinet Maker;5/7/2004, Issue 5387, p6
Reports on the changes on the business hours of Walmsley's Banbury branch in England. Reason for such changes; Impact of migration of customers on the business operations; Benefits of the changes for the company's business.
- Mystery Shopper Huddersfield. // Cabinet Maker;04/20/2001, Issue 5234, p10
Informs on the results of mystery shoppers' evaluation of two furniture stores in Huddersfield, England. Walmsley; Headrow Furnishers.
- Powerful savings. // Cabinet Maker;8/13/2004, Issue 5401, p6
Reports on the plan of Walmsley to slash its electricity bill to reduce electric power consumption in Great Britain.
- Walmsleys stores face closure. // Cabinet Maker;1/27/2006, Issue 5473, p3
The article reports on the closure of 29 stores of Walmsleys as part of restructuring plan of its administration and sale to Unibrook, the first being lead by Sean Quinn. Walmsleys is in a good position to re-establish itself in the market after the restructuring. The existing directors will run...
- Linkwise customers retain confidence. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;9/21/2007, Issue 5556, p3
The article reports on the alleged liability of manufacturer Linkwise in China for skin irritation to Walmsley's customers who buy its sofas. Linkwise asserted that it has tested its sofas and found nothing wrong with them. British agent Richard Willan for Linkwise affirmed that the sofas had...
- Linking customer service orientation to competitive performance: Does the marketing concept... Wright, Newell D.; Pearce, James W.; Busbin, James W. // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Fall97, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p23
Examines the association of customer service orientation to competitive performance. Decision-making philosophy in business enterprises; Operation of the philosophy as a marketing concept; Comparison of manufacturing firms by level of customer service orientation.
- Attract new customers to grow retail business. // Automotive Marketing;Jul93, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p18
Suggests attraction of new customers as a major way of increasing sales. Consumer Behavior Study conducted for the National Retail Federation by Mimi Lieber of LAR Management Consultants; Specialty stores; Prices; Organizing store into logical groupings of products; Merchandising strategies;...