- 'Mystery' shoppers make for better service. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p1
Discusses the employment of mystery shoppers by businesses to improve costumer service in New Orleans, Louisiana. Performance of mystery shopping by market research firms; Duration of the work; Qualification of a mystery shopper.
- Tag team. McClain, Robbin // American Salon;Aug95, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p44
Reports on the cross-promotion of products among beauty salon clients. Importance of well-informed and motivated staff; Tips to inspire employees to promote other salon services.
- A step ahead. // American Salon;Aug95, Vol. 118 Issue 8, pS4
Highlights the improved customer services of beauty salons in the United States. Availability of specialty body services; Precautions in the purchase of expensive materials and equipments for aesthetic treatments; Need for updated education information by salon owners; Basic levels of body...
- At Your Service. Abrams, Lotus // American Salon;Jun2010, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p88
The article presents suggestions for salon owners on how they can maintain their clientele which include providing additional services like offering them with a glass of champagne and chocolate truffle, served on antique platters.
- Workshop. // American Salon;Feb96, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p82
Focuses on the trends and techniques of the beauty products. Offers of OPI; Impact of lip and nail shades.
- The other half. McClain, Robbin // American Salon;Jun96, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p40
Provides tips for salon owners on how to attract male clients. Creation of a male-friendly salon environment; Recruitment of staff that specializes in men's hairstyling; Realization of female clients are a key sales force in building a male clientele; Publicizing of services to men in the local...
- Aim to please. Donahue, Kelley // American Salon;Jun96, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p43
Provides tips to salon owners on how to build client loyalty and satisfaction. Greeting of clients by name; Giving of services with a smile; Aroma therapy; Offer of cordless phones for clients to use when necessary; Keeping of the reception area clean.
- Tracking smart shoppers through high technology. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Oct94, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p100
Focuses on Valley View Center's Smart Shoppers Club high-tech loyalty program that tracks its remerchandising performance. Goal of the Smart Shoppers Club; Customer access to information; Customers' chance to win prizes; Reasons why the customers use the program; Sales incentive plan.
- What's in a name? // American Salon;May95, Vol. 118 Issue 5, p28
Describes the names of service packages offered by American beauty salons. `Slice of Heaven'; `Just Me and You'; `Pleasurable Interlude'; `Unforgettable'.