London Design Week heralds return of colour
- Far East fabric explosion. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;05/21/99, Issue 5139, p3
Discusses that Oriental-inspired materials and fabric are being used in Long Eaton furniture in Great Britain. Designs on display in the showrooms of furniture companies Parker & Farr, Gascoinge Designs and Duresta; Key furniture trends; Unusual pieces from Wade Furniture; Inspiration for the...
- Smarten up. Shalan, Judy // Cabinet Maker;06/18/99, Issue 5142, p10
Features furniture upholstered with a shabby chic look available in the British market as of June 1999. Popularity gained through advertising; Consumer preference for a style of their choice; Factors considered by buyers include fashion and style combined with functionality.
- Shades of meaning. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p27
Focuses on the trends in British furniture design as shown in the display of Trendhub at the 2002 British Furniture Manufacturers' London Furniture Show in England. Colors and geometric designs of the furniture; Textiles and fabrics used in the furniture; Trends in upholstery.
- Florals dance with stripes. // Cabinet Maker;02/11/2000, Issue 5174, p4
Focuses on Romo's Chartwell furniture design, a contemporary take on florals for upholstery and drapes.
- Suits you. Oliphant, Jane // Cabinet Maker;02/11/2000, Issue 5174, p12
Focuses on the wide range of upholstery fabrics used in various furniture designs in Great Britain. Smart stripes; Tweedy and knitted textures; Velvet; Fur; Simple plains; Range of color options; Fresh and contemporary furniture styles.
- Contemporary uph. overtaking cottage. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p38
Reports on the trends in the upholstery market in the U.S. Popularity of contemporary upholstery; Design of various upholstery products; Product prices.
- SEB earns its stripes at NEC show. // Cabinet Maker;01/30/98, Issue 5073, p7
Reports on fabric designs unveiled by SEB Upholstery at the 1998 Furniture Show in Birmingham, England. Addition to the firm's contemporary collection of the Memphis, Aztec and Sienna lines.
- Brimming with ideas. // Cabinet Maker;02/09/2001, Issue 5224, p20
Focuses on the innovations in the upholstery products in Great Britain. Emphasis on the functionality of products; Modification of the colors; Participation of several exhibitors in the Furniture show. INSET: No holds barred on recliner market.
- NEW AT MARKET: STATIONARY UPHOLSTERY. // Furniture/Today;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p82
Features several furniture upholsteries from various manufacturers in the United States. Includes, products from Ashley Furniture; Finishes of sofas from Atlantic International Trade; Highlights of the Trinidad collection by Bassett Upholstery; Design of the Hues collection by Broyhill.