- Some purchasing rules to live by. Metz, Jerry // Wood & Wood Products;Feb99, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p25
Answers readers questions related to woodworking. Rules concerning the purchase of raw materials and supplies; Purchasing cutting tools; Benefits of purchasing for small companies; Requirements of furniture construction; Allowance of opening for hardwood flooring.
- Portable router skill standards. Molzahn, Patrick // Wood Digest;Mar2009, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p6
The article focuses on the partnership between "Wood Digest" and Madison Area Technical College to present a series of skills standards in the U.S. The Woodwork Career Alliance board of directors had met in January 2009 to discuss the establishment of Skills Standards and a Credentialing Program...
- Outlook for the hardwood dimension industry. // Wood & Wood Products;Jun95, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p146
Discusses the outlook for the hardwood dimension industry as reflected in the National Dimension Manufacturers Association (NDMA) Annual Market Study. Share of the furniture industry as an end market; Dimension sales by product category; Export trends in oak and maple dimension.
- A Versatile Wood. Kaise, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;Jun2011, Vol. 116 Issue 4, p17
The article offers information about Pacific Coast maple or Acer macrophyllum of the family of aceraceae. It notes that this domestic hardwood is a wood of importance and is used for various classic applications for hardwoods including cabinets, furniture, and flooring. Pacific Coast maple is...
- Exploring Market Opportunities for American Hardwoods through Chinese International Furniture Supply Trade Shows. Shi, Wenping; Smith, Paul M. // Forest Products Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p80
Global competition is increasingly impacting business organization and practice, which is forcing US hardwood manufacturers to become more efficient in manufacturing, distribution, and marketing. At the international marketing level, firms must target their promotional mix more effectively and...
- China Shops for Hardwood in W.Va. McCLOUD, CYNTHIA // State Journal (WV);10/10/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p20
No abstract available.
- CLIPPINGS. // Forest Products Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p4
Reports several news on the forest products industry as of September 2002. Information on the furniture industry of Vietnam; Increase in U.S. hardwood export to China; Changes in the destination and product mix of wood exports from Russia.
- Changes in Tennessee's Secondary Hardwood Processing and Sawmill Industries from 2005 to 2009. Luppold, William G.; Alderman, Delton; Schnabel, Doug // Forest Products Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p4
Tennessee is in the center of the Eastern hardwood region and has experienced large declines in employment by primary and secondary hardwood processors since 2005 in a pattern similar to the one these processors have experienced nationally. The objective of this article is to examine changes in...
- Wrapping up the North American Marketplace for 2013. // HMR Executive;Feb2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
The article presents charts and graphs to show the market condition for hardwood in North America in 2013.