SEAGAL LICKS HIS 'WOUNDS'
- Seagal drops `Secret Smile' into October. Toumarkine, Doris // Hollywood Reporter;6/20/95, Vol. 337 Issue 38, p3
Reports that Warner Brothers has approved motion picture actor Steven Seagal's `Secret Smile' to begin shooting October 1, 1995. Production crew.
- Poetry without a poet: Warner Bros. pre-code. Thomajan, Dale // Film Comment;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p70
Chronicles the evolution of filmmaking in Warner Brothers. Financial crisis during the Depression period; Rich and elegant Eurotales, `Svengali' and `The Mad Genius' featuring John Barrymore; Crime movies; Musical film `Five Star Final.'
- WB leader in Slovakia. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;2/25/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 61, p18
Reports the performance of Warner Bros. (WB) in the movie industry in Czech Republic. Top grosser movies produced by WB; Citation on the number of admissions garnered by each movie; Allocation on the financial success of the movies.
- WB regroups Czech distrib scene. Meils, Cathy // Variety;09/15/97, Vol. 368 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the changes made by Warner Brothers Inc. for its distribution business in the movie industry of the Czech Republic. Phase out of the distribution division of Barrandov Biografia; Retention of the business operations of Warner's Gemini division.
- WB REVS UP MOVIE MACHINE. Harris, Dana; Hayes, Dade; Dunkley, Cathy // Variety;05/07/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 12, p1
Looks at the plans of Warner Bros. for its 2001 production. Movies to be shown; Concepts behind the movies to be produced; Marketing strategy of the company.
- WB to go Deutsch. Molner, David // Variety;
Reports on Warner Bros.' co-production of a German action film `Nur aus Liebe'. Storyline of the film; Financing of the project.
- WB eyes more Gallic pix. Williams, Michael // Variety;05/17/99, Vol. 375 Issue 1, p28
Discusses the initiatives of United States studio Warner Brothers to bolster the its involvement in French film production. Plan of Warner's French film topper Francis Boespflug to set up an inhouse production team to develop Gallic pictures; Co-production of Cedric Klapisch's `Maybe' with...
- Steamed up. O'Donnell, Paul; Kantrowitz, Barbara // Newsweek;9/5/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p6
Comments on the 40 fires started by sparks from a train being used by a film crew for a Steven Seagal movie, `Under Siege II,' in the Colorado mountains. Warner Brothers blamed faulty equipment but local officials will bill the film company $40,000.
- Warners bakes French bread. Klaussmann, Liza // Daily Variety;6/20/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 53, p2
Reports the plan of Warner Bros. Inc. to establish a French-led production house in Paris, France. Attempt of circumventing laws on non-European production companies; Selection of Francis Boespflug as head; Implications of the move for other foreign motion picture companies.